Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ThyPeace Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21259  
Subject: Flavor mixing Date: 9/28/2011 9:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Not to change the subject, but....

I made a tasty dish this evening. I'd planned on salmon burgers but they weren't thawed when I wanted to eat, so I fell back to "make something up and see what happens."

Three green tomatoes and one VERY hot little pepper from the garden, sauteed with a chopped up Trader Joe's masala veggie burger. Two eggs and some milk added in to make it look like a frittata, and then left covered to cook slow over almost no heat.

Meanwhile, I took Greek yogurt and, reading off the back of the empty raita container, added garlic, spearmint (from the garden), ginger, turmeric, and salt.

Add a dollop of peach butter where the mango chutney ought to be, and voila! It's like eating something vaguely Indian. It was very tasty.

ThyPeace, happy about tasty food.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21181 of 21259
Subject: Re: Flavor mixing Date: 9/28/2011 11:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It was very tasty.

It sounds very tasty!

MOI

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement