UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37180  
Subject: floor accountability Date: 12/28/2012 2:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
from here -
http://boards.fool.com/not-so-much-a-quotvoicequot-but-maybe...
so i don't crap up MOI's thread any more

The old floor is 100% up and in garbage bags that are outside.
The refrigerator is in the middle of the kitchen and I still have the floor to finish prepping.

I was going to go take a look at flooring ...

However - of the three vehicles we have, I am currently faced with
* a dead battery (known)
* a 3 week old battery (which is dead, reason unknown and this car is at the end of the driveway)
* a key that just won't turn in the ignition and a "locked" steering column

I made the elf go chip ice off the vehicles, but now i am sidetracked into vehicle maintenance, as well as setting a kabillion mousetraps for later...

peace & the floor has to be done before Thursday
t

(when GoMC comes home, and no, he has no idea that I am doing this)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36045 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/28/2012 2:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
so i don't crap up MOI's thread any more

Not crapping, but hey, it's orderly this way.

as well as setting a kabillion mousetraps for later.

Lost you here. Do the deadish vehicles or the coverless floor somehow attract mice?

MOI

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36046 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/28/2012 4:52 PM
Recommendations: 7
Oh- it is New England- we insulate with rodents!

but figured with the stove moved and the baseboard heaters exposed, it might be time to reduce their population since they apparently have no prisons & workhouses and just come to mine instead...

peace & regional differences
t

really it is just "one more thing" on my list of things that *I* want done

(recent conversation with GoMC when i was away-
Me: Did you catch any mice?
GoMC: No
Me: Is that because you did not set any traps?
GoMC: yes...

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36047 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/28/2012 5:55 PM
Recommendations: 3
* a 3 week old battery (which is dead, reason unknown and this car is at the end of the driveway)

Check the vanity mirrors, if they have lights.

impolite
had to disconnect the ones in the Suburban to finally not be faced with a dead battery once a weeek

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36051 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/28/2012 9:43 PM
* a key that just won't turn in the ignition and a "locked" steering column

in my Subaru, this usually means I need to really crank on the steering column (and remember to straighten out the wheels next time I park). Or, ask DH to push the wheel to 'unlock' it.

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36052 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/28/2012 9:44 PM
tconi

thanks for this phrase
no prisons & workhouses

brought E Scrooge to mind

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36059 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/29/2012 11:32 AM
Recommendations: 2
well- after taking the battery from GoMC's car and putting in mine (both Subaru- different models, but nothing will blow up) - and getting the same result, I determined that it is the terminals - which GoMC just replaced.

So I restripped the ends and reseated them in the terminals - Problem Solved...
I am not strong enough (or my arms are too tired? form the floor work) to unlock the steering column, but now I don;t care and he can deal with when he comes home.

peace & small victories
t

did not have to miss the wine tasting party!

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36073 of 37180
Subject: Re: floor accountability Date: 12/31/2012 6:17 PM
Recommendations: 2
ok - well, this did not go as planned, I still have about 20% of teh floor to prep and it is the part that is taking longer than ALL the rest combined...

Picking new flooring tomorrow while (hopefully) the rest of teh world is still in bed.

In the meantime
*I watched a whole movie and did NOTHING else (which is kind of a big deal for me, to do Just One Thing) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
*Had the last minute guest come (and play Zombies, the board game*), but not stay the whole weekend
*had someone else (even more last minute) come to camp on my couch
*Shovel at least 6 times
* Get all 2012 Bills paid
*Pull & separate all 2012 paperwork from the Folder for Such things, with all Tax info separated
*Updated the Tax spreadsheet with the last invoices/payments & deductions for 2012, so i am Ready and just waiting on 1099s

peace & still doing stuff
t

*once you get it figured out, pretty fun

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement