Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jesting2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63849  
Subject: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V" Date: 12/20/2012 10:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I have been accumulating this stock over the last few years and am currently under water by a significant extent. However, I have just purchased an additional 5,000 shares because I still believe in the story and that they have an excellent future. What convinced me to add to my position at this time was the following news story which I hope will expose the company to a wider group of investors who will also get turned on to the company:

Wednesday, December 19, 2012
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Dec. 19, 2012) - FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:FLY) (the "Company" or "FLYHT") is pleased to announce it has, pursuant to an investor relations agreement, retained Bristol Capital Ltd. ("Bristol") to help enhance its corporate image and public company brand within the institutional investment community.
Bristol has been retained by the Corporation for a period of twelve months effective January 1, 2013 and will assist FLYHT Aerospace achieve greater visibility with institutional investors in both North America and Europe through the dissemination and communication of corporate materials, conference calls and road show activity.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/news-sources/?...

I am hoping that this will result in an improvement in the share price, commensurate to the progress the company has been making with its market penetration.

Cheers

Bob
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63161 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/20/2012 10:44 AM
Recommendations: 0
Bob

Anything involving airplanes is going to be slow in arriving. I own some of FLY as well but I think the really good news missed by many is that Airbus will be installing the hardware in A-320s going foreward and Bombardier will be doing the same with the C series. This would remove a large financial impediment for companies wanting to turn the system on and try it out as they will not have to take the aircraft out of service to have it installed.

Both the Chinese and French (EU?) are planning to mandate some sort of SatComm for commercial airlines in future and this one just happens to be available and tested.

In truth I have a feeling that FLY.v will become a division of LLL the current maker of the famous smoking hole in the ground or bottom of the sea "Black Box".

Good luck to us all.

Tim

Author: ByrneShill Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63162 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/20/2012 2:13 PM
Recommendations: 2
I know nothing about that company so I won't judge that particular case, but I usually run like hell when I hear anything that sounds even just remotely like "we're spending money to try and raise our share price". Their business should be to sell plane parts, not stocks. Unless you need to raise equity, the stock price is irrelevant to the buisness. It's a reflection of how well the company is doing, no the other way around.

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63163 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/20/2012 2:51 PM
Unless you need to raise equity, the stock price is irrelevant to the buisness.

Byrne

Therein lies the problem, without money they cannot install systems on hundreds of airplanes that could then generate revenue so they would be profitable and not need money.

The business plan is to install the equipment on a normally five year contract to use their system at a monthly cost.

They actually came within a penny of profit on a recent quarter so methinks they have a chance of making it but dilution has been a long term problem with this fellow. The CEO was one of those perfectionist types that probably should handle the research and stay out of running the business but I think IIRC that move was actually made.

If we all have the same rules it doesn't work.

Tim

Author: bonechip2 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63164 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/21/2012 1:33 AM
Recommendations: 3
Bob/Tim,
Not sure if you have read Northern Rivers Hugh Cleland's thoughts on Flyht. He is probably one of the largest institutional shareholders of Flyht and provides some good scuttlebutt on the company in his letters. Click on the BIPES letters.

http://www.northernriversfunds.com/index.taf?t=4&n=5&...

Author: kenora Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63167 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/23/2012 2:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
Bob
I would be wary. They seem to be running out of cash. The current ratio has declined dramatically and their income is substantially below their costs.
kenora

Author: jesting2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63168 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/24/2012 1:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
FLYHT is a very small portion of my total portfolio and if it all went away, it would have less impact than some daily fluctuations I experience. Never the less, I appreciate the warning but they seem not to have much problem raising capital as required. I would like to see the share price higher so that they could use the shares to raise capital with less dilutive effect, but I am a strong believer in the eventual success of this business. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for the rest of the market to wake up to the stock.

Merry Christmas!

Bob

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63169 of 63849
Subject: Re: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. "FLY-V&q Date: 12/24/2012 1:54 PM
Merry Christmas!

Bob

And a Merry Christmas to all from "Inside the Beltway".

Tim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement