Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63935  
Subject: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/7/2013 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wow, seven days into 2013 and this is the first post on Canada Gen, how low have we stooped?

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I'm hoping this works out better than the previous attempt to have units contract manufactured that ended in lawsuits and the company having to do it's own manufacturing. }};-()

Everything involving airplanes takes forever to change (except in wartime) and clearly this product is proving that.

Tim

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/flyht-signs-master-agreement-j...

FLYHT Signs Master Service Agreement With Jabil

Press Release: FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. – 1 hour 43 minutes ago

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan 7, 2013) - FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:FLY) ("FLYHT") today announced that it has executed an agreement with Jabil Defense and Aerospace Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jabil Circuit, Inc. (JBL), to manufacture the AFIRS 228 product line.

AFIRS 228 is FLYHT''s next-generation flagship product. It will provide a fully certified avionics platform capable of meeting all air navigation communications requirements in Europe, the United States and other jurisdictions around the world. It will also provide the input and outputs necessary to enhance the value of real-time data for FLYHT''s customers globally. The AFIRS 228 will be the first safety services certified platform on the planet to provide black box data streaming via FLYHTStream™, FLYHT''s patent pending solution.

Jabil Defense and Aerospace will begin manufacturing the AFIRS 228B for FLYHT customers globally in the first quarter of 2013 and the AFIRS 228S soon thereafter...

While this agreement is anticipated to result in reduced manufacturing and inventory carrying costs, the major catalyst is management''s expectation of accelerated demand for AFRIS units in 2013.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jesting2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63180 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/7/2013 10:10 AM
Recommendations: 1
And a Happy New Year to you too Tim.

I had a stellar year for 2012, more than doubling the TSXT-T gain of 6.17%, including the portion of my portfolio that is in fixed income which mostly earned only 1.25%. I have not been tracking my equities portion separately but it must have done quite well to beat the TSXT.

Busy now doing my annual re-balancing which seems to be more difficult each year.Hoping that I can at least equal my results for 2012.

Cheers,

Bob

Author: UnkaBob Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63181 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/7/2013 10:31 PM
Recommendations: 2
My total return for 2012 was 2.35% which is not bad when I am 75% cash or money-market (0.9%).

Time to relax under a palm tree.

Aloha all

Bob

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63182 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/7/2013 10:48 PM
Aloha all

Bob

Enjoy, sounds a lot warmer than my two weeks in Washington DC over the holidays.

A bit on topic, this was interesting.

Tim

http://howardgroupinsightnewsletter.blogspot.ca/2013/01/anti...

Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63183 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/10/2013 7:37 PM
I also beat the TSXT-T.
Held onto PMT too long though which set me back a bit, and I knew better. It was pretty clear to me. Oh well it is not a perfect game.
I was never under 50% cash.

Up 2% overall this year already!! :)

IKan, Ikan, I think I can.

Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63184 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/11/2013 12:34 PM
More importantly my incoming cashflow (mainly dividends) grew by approx. 45% due to growth/increases and new purchases.

Wednesday I sold a December buy for a 54% gain. It happened a few weeks earlier than I suspected it would. It was intended as a trade.

Learning more patience as I get older and sticking 100% to my strategies and objectives does seem to be paying off the last few years.
Simple seems to work for this simple lad.

Have a profitable and learning 2013.

IKan

Author: jesting2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63185 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/11/2013 10:41 PM
I have managed to segregate the equity portion of one of my accounts which represents about 50% of my total portfolio and calculate the return on it separately. Turns out that I am up 18.18% including dividends, for 2012. I am amazed!

Bob

Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63186 of 63935
Subject: Re: flyht manufacturing Date: 1/12/2013 2:11 PM
I have managed to segregate the equity portion of one of my accounts which represents about 50% of my total portfolio and calculate the return on it separately. Turns out that I am up 18.18% including dividends, for 2012. I am amazed!

Bob

Way to go!!

IKan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement