Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CryingofLot49 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96682  
Subject: FO audibles Date: 10/31/2007 3:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Stuart Fraser: Ah! Now we know where Marvin Harrison is. According to Dick Enberg, he’s throwing challenge flags at Paul Brown. Seems a strange thing for a Colts receiver to do whilst injured, but everybody’s gotta have hobbies, I guess.

Aaron Schatz: That’s okay, Jim Nantz just said that Carolina had to get to the 47 of the Patriots. The Patriots are not in this game, Jim.

Doug Farrar: If you had to listen to Phil Simms blather on for three hours with no hope of escape, you’d wish you were elsewhere, too.

Aaron Schatz: Phil is now asking why nobody copies the way Bill Polian has built the Colts. Yes, Phil, I’m always thinking, “Why don’t other teams draft one of the five best quarterbacks who ever lived?”

Stuart Fraser: To be fair, Polian’s method worked in Buffalo, too. So it doesn’t need a top-five ever quarterback — any generic Hall of Fame guy will do.

Aaron Schatz: On behalf of Houston Gamblers fans everywhere, I say: “Touché.”

Aaron Schatz: How on earth do the Redskins not cover Mike Vrabel in the end zone?

Stuart Fraser: All I know is that one of my most common notes on red zone pass plays is “the tight end, cover the tight end!” ... I assume that part of all this non-covering of tight ends is due to the fiendish and nefarious scheming of offensive coordinators, and their dread lieutenants, quarterbacks, to get them open.

Mike Tanier: In goal-to-go situations, defenders have an almost impossible task. Linebackers have to aggressively attack the run, then cover the pass as their second responsibility. The tight end play works because no defensive coordinator can say “screw the run, just make sure the tight end doesn’t get open.” If they did, that team would give up 50 one-yard rushing touchdowns per year.

Aaron Schatz: The Patriots are winning by so many points that they just brought in Eric Gagne at quarterback.

Doug Farrar: Mon Dieu!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement