Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheStamper Big red star, 1000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39817  
Subject: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/3/2005 1:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hi Guys!

I set up one more league.  If we get enough people great! If not we can scrap it.

The new league is the Fool Online Hockey League, or the FOHL...pronounced: <f oo l>

League ID# is: 81714
The Password is: fohl

You can sign-up here:
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/register/joinprivateleague

League Name:	Fool Online Hocky League
Password:	fohl
Draft Type:	Live Draft 
Draft Time:	Sun Oct 9 8:45pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ] 
Max Teams:	12
Scoring Type:	Points Only 
Max Moves:	No maximum 
Max Trades:	5 
Trade Reject Time:	2 
Trade End Date:	March 9, 2006 
Waiver Time:	2 days 
Can't Cut List Provider:	Yahoo! Sports 
Trade Review:	League Votes 
Max Games Played:	82 
Start Scoring on:	Monday, Oct 10 
Weekly Deadline:	Daily - Tomorrow 
Roster Positions:	C, W, W, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR 
Stat Categories:	G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, W, L, SHO 
Stat Modifiers:	G(5), A(3), +/-(1), PPP(1), SHP(1), W(5), L(5), SHO(5) 
Team Name:	Ice Milk Eruptors
Email:	benchland_nick@yahoo.com
Time Zone:	America/Chicago

I would suggest that if this league takes hold, we should move our fantasy banter over
to the fantasy hockey board linked at the top the right hand margin of this page ------------->
(unless you guys are still using it for SLH - which I doubt).

If we have the draft on Sunday (Oct 9), we will only miss a few games.

Please sign-up soon (if your man enough :> ) so we can decide if we want to go ahead with 
this or not (personally, I think it should be fun, different & challenging)

Stamp
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tengen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9713 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 1:20 AM
Recommendations: 0
I've registered a team (the Toasters) but can't make the draft. Am I correct in supposing that the autopick feature will pick my team based on the draft list I've set up?

Author: hlupak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9715 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 2:35 PM
I've been cordially invited to join this league (thanks, Stamp), but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I've decided not to participate in fantasy hockey this year as a form of protest against last season's lockout. It's one of a number of actions I'm taking that will have negligible impact and go absolutely unnoticed by anyone connnected with NHL hockey (except maybe local pub owners). But I'll feel better.

Cody

Author: TMFOtter Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9716 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 3:02 PM
Oglethorpe is in the house. Looks like we have enough for a league.

Bill Mann

Author: maracle Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9720 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 4:53 PM
I'm in...

Author: TheStamper Big red star, 1000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9721 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 5:33 PM
Recommendations: 1
Cody,

decided not to participate in fantasy hockey this year as a form of protest against last season's lockout.

I completely understand. You will get nothing but support from me.

I took similar action when the (North) Stars moved to Dallas. I swore I would never watch, go to, or read about another NHL hockey event/player/coach unless the NHL moved back, not just to Minnesota, but to St. Paul (where they belong!)...

Well, as you know, the rest is history.

But I'll feel better.

Indeed. I'm sure the NHL could care less about my little insignificant boycott. And, I sincerely doubt my actions caused them to return to St. Paul. Never the less, I felt better.

(That being said, I recommend you direct your anger were it belongs (and I don't know that you aren't). None of this would have happened if it wasn't for Gary Bettmen. Now, one could argue that since the owners are stupid enough to allow this idiot to continue to be the commissioner, then, really, it falls in their laps. However, the fact is, since the league has been so grossly miss-managed, they were forced to lock the players out before they all went bankrupt).

So, good luck in your efforts. I hope you can send a letter to someone at the NHL office on a night in January when you would rather be watching a game (that's what I did). Tell them what you are doing, and why. You'll feel even better. I did.

Stamp

Author: EthylMercaptan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9722 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 6:55 PM
Recommendations: 1
not just to Minnesota, but to St. Paul (where they belong!)...

I always thought they belonged in Bloomington. I'm still holding out until we get a team on the Southwest(Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka). :^P

I signed up.

C2H5SH

Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9725 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/4/2005 10:42 PM
Oglethorpe is in the house. Looks like we have enough for a league. - Bill Mann

Frack! Instant credibility... WTG Stamp!!! :)

g!

Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9726 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/5/2005 1:08 AM
I'm onboard. This will be interesting... 6 starters, just like a regular NHL team! The bench might be a little deep though. Even with 12 teams we are going to have massive talent on our benches. And knowing myself, I'm going to be agonizing over it until gametime and then afterwords my hindsight will beat me up over my bad decisions.

--Rod

Author: TMFMileHigh Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9745 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/6/2005 11:07 AM
Room for one more? C'mon! You've got to have an Islanders fan in the mix, right? Right?! ;-)

Tim
TMFMileHigh

Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9753 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/6/2005 1:14 PM
Room for one more? - TMFMileHigh

According to the settings, there's room for one more...

g!

Author: TMFMileHigh Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9761 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/6/2005 4:14 PM
...there's room for one more...

I'm in. Drop the puck.

Tim
TMFMileHigh

Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9802 of 39817
Subject: Re: FOHL - New Fantasy League Date: 10/9/2005 10:50 AM

Won't be live online tonight but the draft board is set, my DISH DVR is recording Isles games, and the chill is finally starting to blow through the Rocky Mountain air. Woo hoo!

Foolish best,

Tim
TMFMileHigh

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement