UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: skraggs Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 117  
Subject: Folk Fest art show in Atlanta Date: 7/29/2000 5:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have any information on the Folk Fest Art Show in Atlanta next month? We understand it is a show for the work of outsider artists, brut art and folk art.
How many folks normally go through the show in the three days -- the 3rd weekend of the month?
We will be there with the work of two artists, but would like to have any info or ideas or suggestions anyone might have who has been to a previous show!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Pflmingo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113 of 117
Subject: Re: Folk Fest art show in Atlanta Date: 10/8/2001 4:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
AS per your show...I'd recommend you contact Sunshine Artists which has an audit book that rates almost every show in America. I'd also recommend contacting the Crafts Report, which is a newspaper type publication that most artists and crafts people subscribe to. However as one who was a potter and sculptor for almost 20 years before changing careers, I'd take all these reports with a grain of salt. The reality is, that what might be a GREAT show for myself, is a show that you would die at. Factors include what that area is into in the way of folk art, price points of affordability compared with the average fair goer there. So, knowing how many people attend does not really translate into actual usable knowledge in most cases.

Your best bet based on my experience is targeted mailings to your clients inviting them to the show.

Sherwood Martinelli
BPG Mortgage Corp www.bpgmortgagecorp.com

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement