Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Folks,

I work with a dozen young people. They all to a tee have been told by their school teachers and college professors that the Atkins diet is the 'one that is bad for you'. They already have a huge 'education' on how bad the Atkins diet is for you.

Its just like the two school teachers I came upon before Y2K. They saw the end of the world coming because news paper journalists had told them the world would stop, end, capute.

I point out to these kids that their teachers dont know usually what they are talking about. I point out Y2K. The kids usually point to the food triangle. Yesterday I discovered from someone here that they need to redo the triangle now that it has been proven to cause obesity, or slightly less strenuously put weight gain.

Dont get me wrong. I have had a lot of good teachers. I have been fortunate to have them. I have had almost no bad teachers, but I never had a teacher tell me the end of the world was coming because there was a computer glitch. What idiots they were. The journalists were even worse.

What is incredible now that I am totally doing this diet is what I eat v. what I dont. I eat meats, nuts, green veggie, and very little else. I pass up all sorts of stuff that have not a bit of nutrition in them, from twinkies to potato chips. How can this be a bad thing? What kind of depraved marketing person could tell me to get back on my twinkies?

I aint giving up for a minute. Screw'em.

db
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement