Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: SEA99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8964  
Subject: Follow-Through Date: 2/10/2002 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hi there all GolfFools,

I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. With 30 golf courses within an hour's drive this is a golfer's paradise. A bit hot and humid but who cares when there are a few cold beers waiting after the game.

I stumbled upon this board by accident and thought I'd share a tip that works for me.

As we are told as beginners and experience every time we play, the follow-through is probably the most important part of the golf swing for those straight, dream-like shots.

We have all heard the teaching pro say: "Throw the club at the target" (not literally, I hope) etc. etc. Somehow that never achieved the desired results for me. I either hooked the ball or worse sliced it over onto the next teebox. What helped me is this:

After the usual alignment to the target (at 12 o'clock) have a mental picture of swinging the club out at 2 o'clock and do just that. However since your body is turning, the effect is that your club face will be square at impact and usually produce a straight shot and a good follow-through. With small variations you can then produce a draw or a fade as required.

Since most Fools I have had the pleasure of meeting on the boards shoot straight, I suspect not many need my advice.

Back to the CREE board, where I usually post.

libra

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Back to the Future Buffalo Wild Wings
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement