UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42343  
Subject: Follow-up on late-talking grandson Date: 1/20/2013 1:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
He's doing well! His intelligible vocab is hugely improved--he's now at least at age level.His speech therapist is great--low-key and fun, he loves her. He still drools, but gets occasional reminders from parents/speech therapist to close his mouth, which helps. Continues to eat a smaller variety of vegetables than he did as a younger toddler, but his weight is average for his height, and he's strong, energetic, fast, and sleeps well, so the doc isn't concerned. He ate well over Christmas week when I last saw him (he still likes Nana's cooking :-)

He's just 2 and enjoyed the CHristmas gifts I gave him (they came down that week)...an electric drill with bolts in a bench to drill in and drill out (he quickly discovered the switch to change the direction of spin)--it makes noise, but not too much--not annoying; toddler-sized shopping cart plus a set of plastic foods, pots & pans, cooking utensils--even a knife & cutting board (I got the Mexican foods set, which amuses my daughter); some wooden puzzles; some wooden trucks that come apart; a set of matchbox RVs (we're RVers). I got clothes for his birthday on DD's request. He loved the Christmas tree and was gnetle with it without needing reminders, and kept walking around it pointing out the lights, "gween one, boo one, owange one, wed one, yewwow one, pupoo one..." yeah, a bit of trouble with r's and l's and some s-combos (slide and stairs are hide and hairs-). He enjoyed playgrounds during his visit, although not interested in interacting with other children. He's on the shy side, but happy to try new things like playground equipment. He's an awesome kid, and we love him like crazy. I hope the attention to the new baby form parents and Nanny won;t bug him too much. I plan to give most of my attention to him for a while, and must face the possibility I will never feel so attached to the younger sibling as I won;t have the bonding that came from babysitting for DGS for 18 months.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement