UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFDawn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12878  
Subject: Folly in California FAQ Date: 12/6/1999 6:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Folly in California FAQ

Welcome to the Folly in California board. This board was established by The Motley Fool as a forum for Fools to gather with other Fools in their area. Many residents of this board have formed both online and offline friendships. We invite you to join us.

How can I find Fools in my area?

Simple. Post to this board. Introduce yourself, let us know what area you are in. There are several groups that meet regularly already. Feel free to join a group or start your own.

There are Fools in my area, but I don't see any get-togethers planned. How can I get a group of Fools together?

The easiest way to do this is to take the initiative and get a group started. A post giving a date, time and place is a good way to get started. It might take awhile to get a group that meets regularly, but you can't get started until someone gets the ball rolling.

What social groups do meet regularly?

LA area: Most weeknights at 28. Post to the board and chances are someone from the group will respond and provide directions.

Orange County: Monthly dinners are planned. Watch this board for the next one!

Please post if you would like to have your
group added to the list!

What about investment clubs? Are there any that I can join? How about starting one?

Currently, I have no information on investment
groups. If you would like your group added to
this space, please post information about your
group with a request to be added. The group
will be included when the FAQ is updated.

Where can I find the rules for the portfolio competition? Can I join too?

FiCA Port 2000 Guidelines:
(Post # 3493)
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1320005000618000&sort=id

Please check the entire thread. Any amendments to the rules will be included in the thread.

Now for what I really want to know …. “duck-maimers”? “water-hoarders”? “tree-huggers”? “paint-chip-matchers”? “martini-sippers”? “bordello-restorers”? “knapsack-toters”, Are you guys for real? Is this stuff legal? Can I play?

Come on in – grab your keyboard and your favorite beverage – and have a great time!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement