Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: Re: Should I Really join FaceBook? Date: 1/6/2014 12:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Follydolly wrote
learning new things is good for the old brain

I feel learning new things is good without any qualification or modification.

I have some friends whose health is rapidly deteriorating, they eat whatever they want even though they have diabetes and they never exercise at all.
When I was a child there was no such thing as jogging unless of cause you were sprinting to the local bar or liquor store around the corner. Parents smoked and drank like fiends and no one seemed to be concerned about their health.
My husband retired recently from a very stressful job working 12 hour days. He is now involved in online research trying to find out where his relatives came from. He is as thorough in that endeavor as he was being a workaholic and he is enjoying this so much more!
Thankfully we relocated to a small town in New England where our 80 year old next door neighbor puts us to shame by shoveling out her car after one foot of snow!!! People here are hardy.
Our kind of people!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement