UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736652  
Subject: Food for Thought Date: 11/18/2012 9:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/333608/one-party-statel...

Now comes the news that, following his impressive 100 per cent share of the vote in 59 Philadelphia precincts, Barack Obama was able to eke out a 100 per cent total victory in a mere 37 precincts in his home town of Tikrit – whoops, I mean Chicago. NBC reports:

In 37 Chicago Precincts, Romney Received No Votes

Heavy concentration of Big Bird fans perhaps. One commenter observes:

Statistically, even if among 10's of thousands of voters all wanted to vote for Obama, it would not be possible to receive 100% of the vote because at least a few would make a mistake and vote incorrectly for Romney.

Just to be clear: I think Obama won the election, and his victory represents the will of the American people. Which is why the Democrats should have heeded Mubarak’s words and not over-stolen it. I was not one of those who objected to the presence of international observers at this month’s election, as if we were a banana republic: By comparison with Canada, Australia, and most other free societies, the integrity of the ballot in the United States is a joke, and ought to be a source of shame.
----------------------------------------------------------
That's exactly what i said about there would be mistakes and people would vote for Romney even though they meant Obama. How many precincts over the country have zero Romney votes now? Ohio had something like 8 or 9 precincts. It's over 100 precincts with no Romney votes. There is no way there's no fraud involved.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655796 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/18/2012 9:07 AM
Recommendations: 0
That's exactly what i said about there would be mistakes and people would vote for Romney even though they meant Obama. How many precincts over the country have zero Romney votes now? Ohio had something like 8 or 9 precincts. It's over 100 precincts with no Romney votes. There is no way there's no fraud involved.
---------------------------------------------
With that said, mandate my ass.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655797 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/18/2012 9:18 AM
Recommendations: 3
With that said, mandate my ass.

Don't sweat it Obama is working on that.

BTW in credit where credit is due, I just heard a moment ago on TV that a Mexican company is looking at picking up Hostess

Obama's immigration policy is coming together. He does not like conflict, we have all heard that -- well why not let immigration be Mexico's problem? Give him a few more years and Mexico will be worried about Gringos crossing the border and that job training program Obama is so hot on? It can be lawn maintenance.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655809 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/18/2012 11:53 AM
2828 wrote: How many precincts over the country have zero Romney votes now? Ohio had something like 8 or 9 precincts. It's over 100 precincts with no Romney votes. There is no way there's no fraud involved.

The election has not yet been certified. Here's the order of business for the Electoral College.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/k...

I don't know how a challenge to the election would take place, but someone ought to do it.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655904 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/19/2012 12:04 AM
Recommendations: 3
Community organizers know how to cheat to win elections. The ends justify the means and they don't think there is anything wrong with cheating to win.

Author: gurdison Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655988 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/19/2012 2:09 PM
Recommendations: 5
<Statistically, even if among 10's of thousands of voters all wanted to vote for Obama, it would not be possible to receive 100% of the vote because at least a few would make a mistake and vote incorrectly for Romney.>

Even in one of Saddam's "elections" he did not receive 100% of the vote. There were a few "mental defectives" who voted against him.

I cannot believe that not a single person voted for Romney or any of the many other fringe candidates in so many districts. Did anyone even test the voting machines to see if a vote cast for Romney would be officially recorded?

One other point that defies believability. Not only did those districts show 100% votes for Obama, in many cases they also showed that 100% of registered voters came out and voted. I'm not even talking about the old Chicago habit of having more than 100% of registered voters voting in an election. so, nobody had to work late, or was out of town or was busy doing other things? Not one single person forgot to vote? Not one single person had another opinion that could be expressed in a voting booth if not on a public street or in a coffee shop? That doesn't pass the smell test, nor does it correspond to anything I learned in my various statistics classes in college.

This makes me recall the drawings of Serio Aragones in the Mad magazine of my youth. He had a feature throughout the magazine of "drawn out dramas". One that always stuck in my mind was a free election in one of a nameless Central American country controlled by a generalissimo's henchmen. There was a long line of voters on a line where a large sign said "Vote Si". There was an empty line where the "Vote No" sign was located. There were a couple of people near the vote no area. They were carrying machine guns in anticipation of the first NO voter of the day.

In a supposedly free society, you will never see 100% of any large enough group agree 100% about anything. Jean Shepherd, the great midwest humorist (who also spent a lot of time in Chicago) used to say "you got one guy, you got a perfect society...you get two guys together you got a fistfight". I suspect there will be plenty of Thanksgiving gatherings where there will be lots of disagreements and some nasty arguments. And those fall under the catagory of "after all we're family".

I know Joe Stalin was fond of saying "it doesn't matter who you allow to vote...What matters is who gets to count those votes".

B

Author: buffalogal100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655991 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/19/2012 2:49 PM
One other point that defies believability. Not only did those districts show 100% votes for Obama, in many cases they also showed that 100% of registered voters came out and voted. I'm not even talking about the old Chicago habit of having more than 100% of registered voters voting in an election. so, nobody had to work late, or was out of town or was busy doing other things? Not one single person forgot to vote? Not one single person had another opinion that could be expressed in a voting booth if not on a public street or in a coffee shop? That doesn't pass the smell test, nor does it correspond to anything I learned in my various statistics classes in college.

Which is why the recent election doesn't defy logic - sadly.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656124 of 736652
Subject: Re: Food for Thought Date: 11/20/2012 11:26 AM
Recommendations: 1
I cannot believe that not a single person voted for Romney or any of the many other fringe candidates in so many districts. Did anyone even test the voting machines to see if a vote cast for Romney would be officially recorded?

I recently saw a re-showing of a PBS telecast where they talked about how George W. Bush might have stolen the election from Kerry with Diebold voting machines. They talked about how easy it would have been to hack the machines.

In this election, there were documented cases where the voting machines malfunctioned in Obama's favor.

I await a full investigation by the media, led by PBS.

Snork! Like THAT'S gonna happen. Sometimes, I just crack myself up.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement