Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: swedenclunk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 482  
Subject: FOOL looks like it is shorting DDD Date: 9/10/2012 10:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
odd, how come fool is shorting DDD one minute, but recoemending it the next. Different teams and services but feels kinda odd.

Fool, care to comment ?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 482
Subject: Re: FOOL looks like it is shorting DDD Date: 9/10/2012 11:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
You won't get any official response about any recommendation from a MF service in the public boards. The question should be asked in a subscriber's board for the service that made the recommendation, or in this case either of the services.

I'm not The Fool, but the usual explanation for what you describe is the difference in time frame and investing philosophy, or even investing vs trading. A volatile stock like DDD could be a fine long-term buy-and-hold investment that sometimes gets ahead of itself and might work for a short.

RH in CT

Author: swedenclunk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44 of 482
Subject: Re: FOOL looks like it is shorting DDD Date: 9/10/2012 11:20 AM
hi

thanks, I have posted in SA boards. Given that Fool is about sharing maybe it would be nice to receive a notice in the relevant board. The disclaimers are auto generated, a posting to the stocks board shouldn't be too hard.

I get that there is the revenue case of giving people info who are not subscribing to that service, but the reasoning behind the move need not be posted, just a

"Fool is shorting this stock via service XYZ"

The info is available, why not just bring it more out in the open I wonder.

but thanks again for your explanation

cheers J (sweden)

Author: markusala100 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48 of 482
Subject: Re: FOOL looks like it is shorting DDD Date: 9/12/2012 8:48 PM
Hi, I am a little confused here. Have been a buyer of DDD since early January. Where are the reports regarding FOOL shorting DDD. Strange given the usual overall philosophy of investing rather than trading.

Any reference to posting and explanation about the 15% drop from the highs last week
thanks

Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49 of 482
Subject: Re: FOOL looks like it is shorting DDD Date: 9/13/2012 11:00 AM
Recommendations: 2
An answer I am copying from elsewhere.

TMF is not actively shorting the stock. However, they have sold calls against DDD. In this case, the sold calls are balanced by a long position (they own DDD stock) to create a neutral to mildly bullish options strategy called a covered call.

Hope that helps.

RH in CT

Author: swedenclunk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50 of 482
Subject: Re: FOOL looks like it is shorting DDD Date: 9/20/2012 12:35 PM
appollogies for the confusion. As a begineer I was a little confused by the term Short in some of the Fool boiler plate advisories.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement