Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFFletch One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: Fool on the Hill Date: 8/5/1999 12:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks to Louis Corrigan for getting this conversation started with his Fool on the Hill perspective:

http://www.fool.com/news/1999/foth990804.htm

Value Line has missed out not just on the distributional advantages of the internet, but clearly has somehow avoided the explosion of online trading by do-it-yourself investors. Think about the types of single-purchase products it could develop and distribute through a discount brokerage network starving for legitimate research. Think about how it could position itself as a terrific alternative to institutional research. You've got to figure that several Schwab-like companies have considered taking a run at this slumbering giant.

I suppose that an ambitious future is sort of irrelevant to a family-controlled company that rakes in $25 million per year.

E
Print the post Back To Top
Author: biffpincus Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 18
Subject: Re: Fool on the Hill Date: 10/27/1999 9:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Was actually doing research OFF-LINE with a friend ... what an experience that was (meaning, its not that bad!) LOL! . New York City has a new Business and Commerce Library, which is located in the old B. Altman Building on 35th and Madison ... In a word its Awesome" It is an incredible resource, beautifully designed, and fully equipped with every conceivable form of paper media (w/internet access) ... The point I'm coming to is that I was checking out the paper edition of this week's Value Line (10/23), and came upon an interesting section entitled: "Stocks with Highest 3 to 5 year Price Appreciation Potential". The small print suggests that the stocks listed (there are a 100 of them) have a
price appreciation potential from 225% to 810% (and that all of these are considered very risky investments). Not sure of their methodology in coming up with this list, but I thought I'd send along the top ten for your review. If anyone has heard of these companies, or has any thoughts on Value Line as an investmen

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement