Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 533  
Subject: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/4/2010 8:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all

This email is meant as a roll call to see who's in for this year. Please let me know either way. If you're in for the year then please sign up for the league on Yahoo! If you didn't receive the invite then let me know. Also, please make your e-mail address visible when you sign up if you're not adamantly against it.

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/signup
League name: FoolBall 2010
League ID: 52190
Password: fool
League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/foolball

Currently the draft is set for Sun Oct 23. If it's a huge problem for anyone then let me know. I would like to avoid the redraft this year so if anyone cannot attend the draft then make sure you pre-rank your players.

I'll start a separate keeper thread on the Fool for everyone to post. I'll then designate the keepers on the league so that they will not be able to be picked during the draft. If you are not using the discussion boards any more then feel free to email your keepers to me and I'll post them.

We are still missing one owner for The Pups of War which I managed. If anyone has a friend who would like to adopt the team then please let me know.

Let me know if you feel I've left anything out.

Thanks,

Commish
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 487 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/5/2010 8:49 AM
Hi,

We've got another team up for grabs as the owner of last years nitsua has decided not to join us for another year. Does anyone have a friend that would like to join our keeper league and adopt the team? There are some nice potential keepers/core such as Kevin Martin, Amar'e Stoudemire, Marcus Thornton, Dwyane Wade.

Please let me know if you have anyone in mind.

Thanks,

Commish

Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 489 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/13/2010 2:08 AM
Hi everyone,

So we are currently down three owners for the following teams:

Green 18
The Pups of War
nitsua

The draft is set for next Friday. Does anyone know of anyone that would be interested in joining our league? Seems like if we cannot find adopters then we will unfortunately have to retire the league.

Thanks,
Commish

Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 490 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/16/2010 5:09 PM
Any thoughts of saving our league by anyone?

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 491 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/18/2010 8:26 PM
I asked a couple guys who said no. Have not emailed WonderPup yet.

How many do we have? Is it enough that we would have decent league if we started over? Re-drafting from the top, all-new keepers?

Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 492 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/19/2010 3:37 AM
Right now we have 7 teams making the league invalid.

Unfortunately it seems that we will not run the league this season.

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 493 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/19/2010 9:00 PM
I thought Green 18 said he was in. If we need to delay this a few weeks, I'm game.

Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 495 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/21/2010 3:15 AM
Seems like we may have found one more owner who will adopt one of the abandoned teams. Hopefully he'll get signed up on the league and send in his keepers. I'll chase down the other two teams that haven't submitted their keepers also.

So as we stand we are still missing one owner. I'm willing to run two teams like last year when I ran Pups.

Anyone have a last minute suggestion? Otherwise I may move the draft in the hope of keeping the league alive.

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 498 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/21/2010 4:00 PM
As we stand we are still missing one owner. I'm willing to run two teams like last year when I ran Pups. ... Otherwise I may move the draft in the hope of keeping the league alive.

Uh, I'm willing to run two teams, if it will keep the league alive.

Maybe it makes sense to push back the draft a bit, in hopes of finding another owner? Or maybe we don't want to miss week 1?

Author: newsreporter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 499 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/22/2010 2:41 AM
Thanks Jim. Up to you as Desert Rats is willing to run two as well. I prefer to keep the draft as is so we don't miss any on the regular season. Since he's in the same timezone as me I'll tell him to create a user on Yahoo and run the remaining team (Green 18). You guys can figure out who will run the team before or after the draft. Hopefully we can still find another "real" owner to join and can hand over ownership.

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 501 of 533
Subject: Re: FoolBall 2010 Kickoff Date: 10/22/2010 1:46 PM
Desert Rats is willing to run two as well.

Ok, he can have it!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement