Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 300  
Subject: Foolish Forecast: Sowing Wild Oats Date: 11/3/2005 3:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05110307.htm?ref=btp

Foolish Forecast: Sowing Wild Oats
By Rich Smith
November 3, 2005

Not all health foods stores are created equal.

For a study in contrasts, look at Motley Fool Stock Advisor pick Whole Foods (Nasdaq: WFMI), which isn't just bigger than its tiny rival Wild Oats (Nasdaq: OATS) -- it's a qualitatively better business as well. Better profit margins (positive as opposed to negative). Better returns on equity (likewise). Better dividends (existent as opposed to non). In short, better all around....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MidwestFool Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 291 of 300
Subject: Re: Foolish Forecast: Sowing Wild Oats Date: 11/3/2005 5:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Thanks for the article!

Author: jozie28 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 296 of 300
Subject: Re: Foolish Forecast: Sowing Wild Oats Date: 2/18/2006 11:30 AM
Twitty - I'm rather surprised that no one on this board has slammed you yet. My TI calculator tells me that when you posted your message OATS was sitting at about $11/share and recently hit $18. Wow...a 64% gain in just 3 1/2 months. I'm certain that somewhere there is a jester celebrating with his frosty pitcher of Leinenkugel's brew. And then I couldn't help notice the dismal performance of WFMI during this period. Our buddies over at Yahoo are reporting about the negative vibe on the street -- the growth rate and margins just don't support the price per share for WFMI..."Wildly Valued" and to the woodshed is what they're saying. I wonder...would one of your co-workers be willing to ambush you some morning with a wedgie and heaping supply of Quaker Oats? Yeah, nothing like a little jester style humor to start Twitty's day out right.

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 297 of 300
Subject: Re: Foolish Forecast: Sowing Wild Oats Date: 2/18/2006 11:41 AM
Hey, don't give the messenger the wedgie! Rich Smith wrote that, I just post relevant links on the boards ;)

Richard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement