Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have recently purchased the Foolish Four through my discount broker. Can I now take those four stocks and separate them from the rest of my securities as an IRA? And if so, will I avoid paying capital gains taxes each year when I turn the portfolio over?
Also, how do you feel about selling call options on Foolish Four holdings, say, three months before it's time to turn the portfolio over? And can this strategy be used in an IRA?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.