UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: frischfj Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76082  
Subject: Foolish reading recommendation Date: 1/3/2000 1:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Fools,
I'm looking for a recommendation on reading material for my recently retired father. He doesnt have a computer to follow TMF online. Also, this is mainly for managing his tax deferred accounts which do not have to be touched for 5+ years. I would like him to consolidate them and take control.

Without actually knowing it he has led a pretty Foolish life. So the early Fool school advice is not needed here. I have followed TMF online for over 2 years, but havent read the books. Is there a particular book which would be good to send him? Or maybe I should just print select articles from the retirement area?

Here's a little background of why I am making this request. He recently mentioned that he had some 401k money in an international fund. The Plan's mgmt decided to remove this fund from the choices and transferred the balances into a fixed income fund. After doing so, the Int. fund went up substantially in a few months (I think over 40%)!

Ya know, I'm just not in favor of doing your own asset allocation and then having someone else change it... JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Thanks,
Frank
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement