UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Disraeli Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1498  
Subject: Foolkath and Retiree Hip Hop Date: 12/22/2003 5:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hi again Foolkath,

I am pleased to tell you that I am 62, and I do hip hop with teenagers. The instructor is a charismatic young guy, and other than me, the students are mostly 15-25 YO women. Pretty nice way for me to start the day. Really, I think it is much easier on the body than singles tennis. I almost never play tennis without icing my back or hip or knee or all three when I am done. Not so with dance.

I hope you find a new, compatible partner quickly in your new home.

My favorite social dances are salsa and Lindy. Basically, dancing allows me to eat like a horse and still weigh what I did when I graduated from high school. There is a lot I would give up before I'd let go of dancing.

As some wag said, "the danger with sex is that it can lead to dancing".

Bennie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 293 of 1498
Subject: Re: Foolkath and Retiree Hip Hop Date: 12/23/2003 2:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Bennie,

You are my hero.

I teach beginning tap. This year we have three men over the age of 62 in the class.

What part of the country are you in???

Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 294 of 1498
Subject: Re: Foolkath and Retiree Hip Hop Date: 12/23/2003 3:00 PM
"the danger with sex is that it can lead to dancing".

And the danger with dancing is it can lead to sex

Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 296 of 1498
Subject: Re: Foolkath and Retiree Hip Hop Date: 12/23/2003 6:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
And the danger with dancing is it can lead to sex

Danger? That's why guys dance!

Author: Disraeli Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 299 of 1498
Subject: Re: Foolkath and Retiree Hip Hop Date: 12/24/2003 4:21 AM
Foolkath asks-"What part of the country are you in???"

Seattle.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Bennie

Author: nmckay Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 302 of 1498
Subject: Re: Foolkath and Retiree Hip Hop Date: 12/24/2003 11:52 AM
I box for the same reasons you like dancing. It keeps me entertained and focused. I'm really focused while sparring as you can imagine. It's an amazing workout. After an hour I'm wringing wet and still having fun even though I can hardly hold my gloves up. I'll probably get into dancing eventually since I've always enjoyed it.

nmckay

and it's the babtists that don't have sex standing up because it could lead to dancing which they think is a sin

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement