Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: todavek Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8093  
Subject: Fools drifted off course into scams Date: 9/26/2006 10:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
The 2 Fools have drifted off course. Instead of delivering good old fashioned straightforward service, they're resorting to the slick tricks and misleading ads like the scam artists, the other services, use.

No doubt it will help the 2 Fools' bottom line, it works for the other guys. I've been sucked in to subscribe to several of the other guys. Instead of getting info on their best finds, you get a continual bombardment of trick letters or reports that try to persuade you to subscribe to another of their "advisory letters". They dangle and tease you with disclosure of information which promises to change your life ... if you subscribe to another letter. And the next letter will do the same thing.

I like the 2 Fools because they didn't use that tactic. If they had some good tips, they included the info in their basic letter, it wasn't necessary to subscribe to another letter.

But the Motley Fools is now using that tactic. The last 4 inputs I got from the MF were not informative, they were advertisements for other MF products.

And this sophomoric "CAPS" project is more hype ... style withour substance. I don't subscribe to MF for games or contests. As for stock rating?picking processes, I have 2 other websites that do that very well. I don't need MF to create some amateurish intellectual gamesite to give me stock rating advice or tips provided by people who have no more capability than I have. Getting 50 people to guess about a stock rating gives a common concencus, but the value of the aggregate is no more than the individual inputs. It's a waste of time and resources.

These new developments at MF are disappointing because they are gimmicks, without value to the subscribers who just want the analyses of the 2 FOOLs. And if either one of them stumbles across a diamond in the rough I want to trust they'll notify me and the other subscribers, not send us a tricky alert or report that invites us to subscribe to a variation of the service you subscribed to, which, for more money, will disclose the info they should have simply told us in the report.

What a shame that the FOOLs have sold out to the slick-willy scammers.

David Kennedy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement