Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: slaramee Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59  
Subject: Football Keeper League Trade Date: 9/22/2003 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an opinion on a trade I made in my keeper league back in the preseason (before significant injuries). I'm looking for opinions now and in the future on this move.

This was in a 16 team, deep keeper league (we keep 7 on offense and 7 on defense). Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE

I gave up Chad Pennington (who was to be my starting QB) and Charlie Garner (who was my #2 RB- Deuce McAllister is my #1).

I got Duante Culpepper and Amos Zereoue (whi is my now #2 RB).

Any opinions on this move. League consensus when I made it was I blew it by losing my #2 starting RB. Injuries to Pennington and the poor start of the Raiders make it a steal right now. My interest is in how this move looks in the future.

For me, Garner's age along with the Raiders age made dealing him at his peak (2002) a good move. Getting Zereoue isn't an even deal, but the extra TDs and rushing yards from Culpepper should make up for this this seaosn. And my hope is that Amos gets the lions share of carries the next few years making Culpeper a true bonus at QB for me.

What do you think?

-Scott
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement