Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: isophorone Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22719  
Subject: Footnote Date: 9/4/2012 1:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We just saw this movie. It's about the Shkolniks, father (Eliezer) and son (Uriel), who are Talmudic scholars. The father toils in obscurity, while the son is a big schmoozer. One day, Eliezer gets a call saying that he won the Israel Prize. Uriel gets called into the responsible ministry and finds out its a mistake, that he (the son) should have gotten the call, and now he has to break the news to his father. The movie has some interesting moments of comedy and drama, but gets a bit weird towards the end. I'd still give it 3.5 stars out of 5. It's a recent movie (2011, I think), in Hebrew with subtitles (if you want).

Ron
Print the post Back To Top
Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22041 of 22719
Subject: Re: Footnote Date: 9/7/2012 4:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Does the movie have a name?

Author: elann Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22043 of 22719
Subject: Re: Footnote Date: 9/7/2012 5:56 PM
Recommendations: 2
Does the movie have a name?

"Footnote"

Author: isophorone Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22050 of 22719
Subject: Re: Footnote Date: 9/11/2012 9:13 AM
Yes, the title is "Footnote." Here is the link form IMDB so you can see the trailer as well as a cast listing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1445520/

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement