Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 5MinMajor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65471  
Subject: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 12:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Another reason for you to not let your daughters use MySpace

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/06/20/myspace.lawsuit.ap/index.html

Although, I have to say that this girl needs to take a fair amount of personal responsibility for getting herself into that situation, and her parents needs to take a lot of responsibility for not policing what she was doing.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kaellner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58564 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 12:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The girl says a 19-year-old man lied in his profile about being a senior on a football team to gain her trust and phone number.

How would MySpace be involved and why do they think MySpace has any money?

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58565 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 12:24 PM
Recommendations: 4
Two things....

1) She is a teen...not a child. I know this is not a popular thing to say in America today...but at 14 I will put money on her being a fully functional woman. A child has not reached puberty and is NOT a teen.

(Anyway, I know from personal experience that 14 and 19 can be in the same highschool and are peers. This crap about child rape is way out of control when you start applying it in this situation.)

(caveat - rape is rape, I am not talking about that)

2) What is she mad about? That she 'didn't' sleep with a football player? I mean she did give her number to a stranger...she did meet up with said stranger...and I am assuming...she did it without friends to stay safe.

So to me, without other information...this is totally a trumped up charge and this guy is probably going to be ruined for no reason.

(Oh..and for the prudes, I know lots of women that were under 18 that slept with men over 18...and they wanted to. Today's America is so totally screwed up...and not in a good way.)

Buffy

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58566 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 12:27 PM
What needs to come out of this is for the judge to find the suit frivolous...and then reverse the charges of court time and MySpaces' legal fees back on the lawyer and the TEEN.

That would go a long way to cleaning up this suit happy America we have now.

Buffy

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58567 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 12:51 PM
Recommendations: 5
Another reason for you to not let your daughters use MySpace

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/06/20/myspace.lawsuit.ap/index.html

Although, I have to say that this girl needs to take a fair amount of personal responsibility for getting herself into that situation, and her parents needs to take a lot of responsibility for not policing what she was doing.

I agree on the personal responsibility. I also agree on the parents responsibility. I am as confident as I can be (you can never be 100% sure) that my girls have gotten the message about people they don't know being a grave risk online. I monitor what they are up to.

But, I have to say.... I believe MySpace has some responsibility also. In reference to the standard of liability prevalent in our current day society anyway. Not every kid has parents that show the proper dilligence. It is not the kids' fault that their parents are naive and 14 is hardly an age of wisdom and prudence.

MySpace's security dilligence is a joke. If they took it seriously, they would require a notarized permission slip before issuing a user password..... or some authenticated form of acknowledgement from parents. If MySpace took it seriously.... security concerns for parents would not be a subtle, hard to find link at the bottom of their page that you have to look real hard to find.

If they took it seriously they would request time on the next PrimeTime live expose to outline the vulnerability, outline measures they take, and measures parents should take. Much ado about nothing?

One police officer assigned to online crime doesn't think so. He has contended that his kids will not be on MySpace if he can stop it. He believes that despite how they are raised or what kind of kids they are, MySpace is a pandoras box. It is too easy for dirtbags to hide in the mass culture and entangled friends of friends.

Now, I believe you can minimize the risk. But, I don't think that it can't happen to kids with dilligent parents.... unless you lock them in a room with no computer access. I can't even keep up with my daughters' friends monicker changes to always know who is emailing and messaging. When I see one I don't recognize, I ask who it is.

A part of me wants to rip the cable out of the wall and shut the damn thing off. But, I don't think that is much of a solution either. At this point and time the issue is what is appropriate for young teens to spend their time fixed on. Hours and hours of kids wasting time on idle bs is trouble...... and I don't care who they are.... and some topics of discussion are just plain not constructive or appropriate.

But, for now, I am comfortable that the girls radar is up on strangers. Then again, its always in the back of my mind. In some ways, these times really suck.

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58569 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:06 PM
Recommendations: 4
1) She is a teen...not a child. I know this is not a popular thing to say in America today...but at 14 I will put money on her being a fully functional woman. A child has not reached puberty and is NOT a teen.

(Anyway, I know from personal experience that 14 and 19 can be in the same highschool and are peers. This crap about child rape is way out of control when you start applying it in this situation.)

(caveat - rape is rape, I am not talking about that)

I disagree. A 19 year old man starts trying to bed my 14 year old daughter and he is going to the hospital and me probably to jail. I don't care if the punk goes to the same high school. There is a huge difference between a 19 year old dolt (he would have to have flunked) chasing a 14 year old girl and two 14 kids playing show and tell. It is also vastly different than a 19 year old dating a 17 year old. I know a whole bunch of 14 year old girls in my daughters' circle of friends. None of them hold the emotional maturity to date a 19 year old man and "consent".

(Oh..and for the prudes, I know lots of women that were under 18 that slept with men over 18...and they wanted to. Today's America is so totally screwed up...and not in a good way.)

Prudes? Who are they? The story was not about lines in the sand of a "woman" a shade under 18 and a "boy" a shade over. Reproductive anatomical maturity has absolutely nothing to do with the justification for sex with minors. Some girls have their period at age ten..... is that ok too? What if he is 20 instead of 19? Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed? If not, what are your established limits? 18 black and white is good enough for me..... its not perfect and there is variance in maturity. But, its not like there aren't anything but 14 year old girls for the 19 year old man to date. If a nineteen year old man doesn't want his life ruined.... he should heed the law. Pretty simple really.

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58570 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:10 PM
coyote97 is already one of your Favorite Fools

Daymn son you are about as ridgid as I am!

WF *old and to the right of Attila the Hun*

Author: 5MinMajor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58571 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:46 PM
Recommendations: 3
I do not disagree with you on a few of yoru points. However, holding MySpace responsible is about the same as holding the Fool responsible if two people meet here and a rape occurred. Or the website that hosted the Columbine shooter's messages. Just because someone runs a webiste does not make them liable for everyone else's actions. I guess the next time there is an incident from Match.com, or any of the other dating/hook-up websites that they should be sued as well.

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58572 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:47 PM
So to me, without other information...this is totally a trumped up charge and this guy is probably going to be ruined for no reason.

Here is a little more information..... obviously not a trial of his peers but, rather a news story:

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/05/20assault.html?imw=Y

But the accusation was clearly not some playful kids had sex and he was just a smidgeon too old. If he did it.... I hope he gets some special treatment in the pen. I hear cons just love kiddie diddlers.

The older teen younger teen contention is a red herring. It is an extreme rarity that any charges are brought forth on similarly aged participants seperated by the age of consent line.

Nineteen year old men generally have no business chasing 14 year old girls..... despite the rare exception of a mature 14 year old and her older high school sweetie.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58573 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:50 PM
There is a huge difference between a 19 year old dolt (he would have to have flunked)

Nice assumption. I turned 19 the end of my senior year. This was because I started school in South Africa...and the grade levels didn't match up.

Careful what conclusions you jump to.

Also...I will tell you...the freshman girls, the ones that were dating, all went for the juniors and seniors. It wasn't always the guy mashing on the girl.

Just sayin'

Buffy

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58574 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:52 PM
I do not disagree with you on a few of yoru points. However, holding MySpace responsible is about the same as holding the Fool responsible if two people meet here and a rape occurred. Or the website that hosted the Columbine shooter's messages. Just because someone runs a webiste does not make them liable for everyone else's actions. I guess the next time there is an incident from Match.com, or any of the other dating/hook-up websites that they should be sued as well.

I disagree. I think it is more akin to an owner that markets a nightclub to be for teens and then looks the other way about adults trolling the dance floor for conquests. Now parents certainly have responsibility for where they let their kids go. But, the nightclub owner has an obligation to provide a safe environment also.

Don't misunderstand...... I referenced the comments to the current liability views in our society. And, if it were my daughter, 30 million dollars wouldn't fix a damn thing. My comments were not really directed as much at supporting the case as in calling bs on MySpace's contention on taking security seriously.

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58575 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 1:56 PM
Nice assumption. I turned 19 the end of my senior year. This was because I started school in South Africa...and the grade levels didn't match up.

Careful what conclusions you jump to.

Also...I will tell you...the freshman girls, the ones that were dating, all went for the juniors and seniors. It wasn't always the guy mashing on the girl.

Just sayin'

Do you have a teenage daughter? What assumption would you make in such matters, in regards to their safety? My assumption about this man is closer to the reality than yours was in contending some poor good kid's life got ruined. I am not a court of law. I am a father. I make the assumptions that keep my kids the most safe. MySpace would do well to make the same assumption in approaching their security.

Just Sayin'

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58576 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:03 PM
Recommendations: 3
Prudes? Who are they? The story was not about lines in the sand of a "woman" a shade under 18 and a "boy" a shade over.

I was just throwing that out, since many people, especially next door in Kansas...think even 18 and 17 is child abuse, and attempt to pass laws that docs must report to police.

Reproductive anatomical maturity has absolutely nothing to do with the justification for sex with minors. Some girls have their period at age ten..... is that ok too?

Well, you are already upset, but you do realize that marriage to minors is actually ok in LOTS of the world still. Does it make it right...I'm not to say...but it is legal in those societies.

What if he is 20 instead of 19? Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed? If not, what are your established limits?

Now you are getting nasty, as in mean. Which is what I expected when I said that teens are not children. Americans have only in the last few decades found some kind of religion that stops marriage at 14 and 16...or even younger. Now it seems we have also decided that sex NEVER happens with young teens. Well it does..and it happens because they ARE TEENs. That is what puberty is about...raging hormones. Do they all have sex...no...but enough of them do.

18 black and white is good enough for me..... its not perfect and there is variance in maturity. But, its not like there aren't anything but 14 year old girls for the 19 year old man to date.

Why is the 14y/o a girl and the 19y/o a man? They are both teens. The law only makes 18 a man so that we can draft them. The law does not dictate hormones or growth rates. You have a strong prejudice in your statement there.
I also disagree that a hard and fast is any good. Spirit of the law is much more important than letter of the law...especially if you want justice.

If a nineteen year old man doesn't want his life ruined.... he should heed the law. Pretty simple really.

Ha ha...I find it funny that you think a 19y/o teenager can make such rational decisions. It is so simple for us in our 30's and over to say..."Hey, that is not smart"...and then we TOTALLY forget what we did when we were 18 or 19. Shoot I have even done stupid things into my 20's.
But you are seeing this personally, as if sex with your daughter was an attack on you. Teens do not see it that way. It's called remembering your teen years and the people around you at that time. Only looking at the world through a jaded parent's point of view will make you miss many things until it is too late.

Buffy

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58577 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:08 PM
In Connecticut earlier this month, a 13-year-old girl was found in a hotel room with a 27-year-old she met on MySpace.com.

And in Michigan, a 13-year-old girl reportedly got into the car of a 25-year-old man she had met on the site. She was found uninjured hours later.

Ok, Coyote asked what would offend my sensibilities. These two offend me. This is a disparity where I can definitly see that the older person was misleading the younger and preying on them.

These are men...messing around with barely teens..wether they were mature for their age or not...they have not seen the world and would not have the skills to deal with these men.

This I would prosecute.

Buffy

Author: 5MinMajor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58578 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:28 PM
That is the trouble with the medium. Unless you institute something akin to driver's license or credit card verification, then you can't really do anything that is secure. All you can do is say "this person input X information and they attest that it is true." Even then, those who are going to rbeak the law will lie anyways.

Either way you look at it, without a willful exchange of information, this act most likely would not have taken part. And that willful exchange of info can be anything from exchange numbers/emails, to giving out personally identifiable information. Anything you post can and likely will be used against you.

I still disagree with your argument that MySpace is like a nightclub, though I will admit the argument does have merit. It is still merely a website where people can talk. Would the the case have merit if the people met via the Fool? Or FaceBook? or ezBoards? Yahoo Groups? I think only the Fool has a credit card policy for verification. FaceBook I think you need a college .edu email address. ezBoards and Yahoo Groups you can just make up with no verification.

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58579 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:46 PM
These are men...messing around with barely teens..wether they were mature for their age or not...they have not seen the world and would not have the skills to deal with these men.

This I would prosecute.

I wouldn't. I'd leave them for the fathers of the teens involved, in a quiet little out of the way place.....

WF *If the fathers wouldn't act, I would*

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58580 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:49 PM
Ok, Coyote asked what would offend my sensibilities. These two offend me. This is a disparity where I can definitly see that the older person was misleading the younger and preying on them.

This I would prosecute.

Buffy

O.k. then take the next step and define those sensibilities into something enforceable by the law. Clear definitions that everyone can understand and adhere to. You made a proclamaion about the 19 and 14 year old and how messed up this country is. Then you busted wise about the prudes that don't agree with your proclamation. Then you alluded to dopes in Kansas jumping all over an 18 year old with a 17 year old.

So, how do you clearly establish legal sexual relationships and protect children? I would like to see you do it without arbitrary absolute age lines. The 18 black and white line is o.k. with me. I would prefer it structured differently to consider close ages. Personally, I would exempt participants within two years of age of the youngest participant (ie a 16 year old with a 14 year old or a 19 year old with a 17 year old). But, I would nail to the wall any legal adult diddling a minor more than 2 years his/her junior. I would also nail to the wall a 17 year old diddling a 12 year old.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58581 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:50 PM
I still disagree with your argument that MySpace is like a nightclub, though I will admit the argument does have merit.

Not really, since MySpace was not built for anyone in particular. It's like saying a public park has responsibility to ensure kids have parents with them in a public park. There are many many people in the public park..with the understanding...they are in public.

The nightclub arguement is spurious in that it imposes the teen lable and audience. MySpace has been banned from college campuses because of band with..that tells me this is not a teen only site.

In fact people from Match have asked if I had a myspace site...I don't but mostly 'cause I don't like fads.

Buffy

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58582 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 2:59 PM
O.k. then take the next step and define those sensibilities into something enforceable by the law. Clear definitions that everyone can understand and adhere to.

Sorry, can't do that. It would be hypocritical of me. I think the law should be based on abuse...not sex. That is the problem here. The problem is also that adults just don't want to deal with sex between teens. It's too icky.

You made a proclamaion about the 19 and 14 year old and how messed up this country is. Then you busted wise about the prudes that don't agree with your proclamation. Then you alluded to dopes in Kansas jumping all over an 18 year old with a 17 year old.

You don't like me do you. That's fine. You have your stance, I have mine and others have theirs...like Atilla over there... Not sure we are going to get too much further on this discussion.

Buffy

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58583 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 3:09 PM
Sorry, can't do that. It would be hypocritical of me. I think the law should be based on abuse...not sex. That is the problem here. The problem is also that adults just don't want to deal with sex between teens. It's too icky.

Then you shouldn't criticize the leglislation that others have formed if you have no alternative suggestions. If some sick bastard treated a ten year old real gently and never mistreated her..... is it inherently abuse for her age? Eleven year old? Twelve? Are you proposing a psychological evaluation of minor to determine fitness for consent? Sex between teens is not too icky to deal with. I deal with it just fine. You just don't like my opinions about it. You don't have a clue in what ways I have dealt with sex in real life with my kids. It is not a taboo topic in our household.

You don't like me do you. That's fine. You have your stance, I have mine and others have theirs...like Atilla over there... Not sure we are going to get too much further on this discussion.

I don't dislike you. Is somebody that disagrees with you just supposed to shut up and leave it alone? I pointed to what you said and outlined where I disagreed and asked more about where you stand. You have chosen not to make where you stand any more clear than to indicate sex with minors isn't alright if it makes you sickened. I guess I'm just glad it is not what makes a pedofile squemish that creates the standard.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58584 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 3:31 PM
I don't dislike you. Is somebody that disagrees with you just supposed to shut up and leave it alone?

Well, maybe I read wrong, perils of the internet, but mimicking me and then using the statements below...:

==========
made a proclama[t]ion
busted wise
is that ok too? What if he is 20 instead of 19? Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed?
==========

...indicates to me that you are not interested in actually having a discussion. And the fact that you have not done that to any of the other posters makes me feel you don't like me personally for some reason. Or you don't like my stance...whatever.

No, I don't expect you to shut up. I have never ever told anyone not to argue or express an opinion. But the above examples show more antagonism than warrented in a debate.

have chosen not to make where you stand any more clear than to indicate sex with minors isn't alright if it makes you sickened.

Well, I indicated an age range that does bother me. What other justification do you have for your stance? That's what makes a law...people say what bothers them...and a compromise is reached among all the views.
I also stated that this needs to be about abuse and not sex. The law currently says that sex is illegal. Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to say that abuse is illegal...coercion, forced, beaten...anything that forced a teen into sex should be illegal...not the act of sex. That is my view. If a mature 14/15/16/17y/o finds a guy she is attracted to..and wants to share her virginity (or whatever) with...then why is that illegal? Why the huge hang up on sex?

I would also nail to the wall a 17 year old diddling a 12 year old.

Well, I never said that 12 was a teen. That is where I draw the line at teenagers....13...thirteen. Teen ager...and in today's world very much already hormonally a woman. Don't read anymore into that sentance...I am just stating that today's 13/14's are already wearing bras...and they weren't when I was in school.

Is it a scary world for a parent...hell yes. I am not saying it isn't. But I also will not buy into the emotional knee jerking in this country that has started to label teens as 'children'. Sorry, not buying it. That is only a view foisted by certain groups that think abstinance is actually going to be followed by everyone they teach, or make take a pledge, or give a ring, or send to bibleschool.

Buffy

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58585 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 3:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
I had a secret, un-parental-approved 19 yr old boyfriend back when I was 15; this was in the 80's, before the internet.

I wonder who I can hold responsible for it?

---

p1

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58586 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 4:01 PM
I wonder who I can hold responsible for it?

Prolly the city...I mean you were just left to wander around the streets like that. Comeon...didn't they just know that you would run off and find a guy? Why didn't they put walls around your house so you couldn't get out?

Buffy

(Oh, I was a parentally approved boyfriend, so this wasn't me...:^P)

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58587 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 4:17 PM
Well, I indicated an age range that does bother me. What other justification do you have for your stance? That's what makes a law...people say what bothers them...and a compromise is reached among all the views.

That is what has occurred..... the compromise has largely been an age of consent of 18. You don't like the compromise and are contending those not in agreement with you are irrational or otherwise wrong minded in their notions about minors and sex in regards to legal adults.

I also stated that this needs to be about abuse and not sex. The law currently says that sex is illegal. Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to say that abuse is illegal...coercion, forced, beaten...anything that forced a teen into sex should be illegal...not the act of sex. That is my view. If a mature 14/15/16/17y/o finds a guy she is attracted to..and wants to share her virginity (or whatever) with...then why is that illegal? Why the huge hang up on sex?

The stories you alluded to said nothing about "abuse". That was my point..... the ambiguity. Clearly you find abuse defined when a person is under a certain age inherently in the exploitation aspect of somebody not old enough to properly "consent". It seems that "teen" in the description of age is compelling. Earlier it was a functional reproduction system. Now it appears 14 and up. Once again.... the inquiry is just how is this all defined clearly for enforceable law that everyone can understand and agree upon what the law means?

Is it a scary world for a parent...hell yes. I am not saying it isn't. But I also will not buy into the emotional knee jerking in this country that has started to label teens as 'children'. Sorry, not buying it. That is only a view foisted by certain groups that think abstinance is actually going to be followed by everyone they teach, or make take a pledge, or give a ring, or send to bibleschool.

No, I disagree. The classification of 14 year old "teens" as children is pretty common beyond religious breakdowns. In fact, I think you are in the minority of people that believe them to be in anyway other than body parts an adult. Further, despite your red herring.... I never made any assertions about teen sexual conduct within their own group..... I made assertions about minors (including teens) and legal adults (including late teens).

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58588 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 4:45 PM
I'm really beginning to feel like a thread-killer...

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58589 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 5:08 PM
I'm really beginning to feel like a thread-killer...

Meaning you are feeling like you should kill the thread? Or, that you didn't get response to your post and its dead now?

Author: SockPuppetMan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58590 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 5:59 PM
coyote asked: Meaning you are feeling like you should kill the thread? Or, that you didn't get response to your post and its dead now?

I think persuasive1 meant something more along the lines of texture. The statment "I feel like a wolverine." wouldn't meant that you are feeling beligerent. Rather, it means that you feel like you have thick, prickly hair.

Helpful,
-_- Alex -_-

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58591 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 9:20 PM
thread-killer, as in dead, I killed it, the repartee was fast & furious til I came along-

oh well!

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58592 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 10:16 PM
you swung the balance...first it was just dirty ol me against a worried dad...then you came in and ruined his image of pure teenagers.

all your fault.

:^P

Buffy

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58593 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/20/2006 10:35 PM
my bad-

the thing is the girl went out on a date w/o permission and got raped. Tragic, but, um, also dumb. In a perfect world, if she had asked her parents if she could go, they would have shot it down faster than anything; it's not myspace's fault that she sneaked around and did what she wanted to do with people she met there.

Janet

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58594 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 4:13 AM
Myspace is kind of caught between a rock and a hard place here. They probably cannot provide effective protection without so much big brotherism that it would harm their popularity and thus their business, and it may also not be technically possible to provide protection that these predators cannot circumvent. Yet if these predators keep deceiving and exploiting these girls, sites like myspace are going to lose their asses on lawsuits. I don't envy them a bit. As for the 19 year old guy banging the 14 year old girl, if he did it by lying to her or deceiving her in any way, I'd bust his balls. Ordinarily I'd agree that the age difference thing isn't enough to justify ruining his life, but when a guy uses lies and/or other methods of deceit to get the girl, that combined with the age difference makes him a slimeball and he needs to do a little time.

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58595 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 8:49 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like what the guy did was OK; I just don't think it's myspace's fault. I think the guy should be charged with rape, a regular criminal case, but no civil case against myspace, that's just being greedy.

The original story read like a date rape; what's weird is you click on it today and it's trimmed down. Yesterday it went into detail that he picked the girl up, took her out to eat at Whataburger, and took her to a movie; after the movie, in the car, he raped her. Sounds like everything was OK til then. Guess he felt like she owed him for the evening? Some guys are pretty cocky, he might not have even felt like he was doing anything wrong.

I don't know how myspace could have foreseen that the guy would be a freak and a rapist.

Should people have to sign a waiver to use myspace? That doesn't abdicate personal responsibility?

As far as the guy lying on his profile, lots of people stretch the truth online; maybe a year ago, he was a senior & a football player, and he still wants to think of himself that way; it's not like he's a 50-yr-old with gray hair and a potbelly like the creeps on Dateline "To Catch a Predator"...

Janet

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58596 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 10:18 AM
The one place where I think they oughta nitpick these sites to death is on the profiles. If an older guy like this 19 year old or like the even older predators who use these sites is busted for any crime involving a minor girl and it is found that he lied on and/or failed to keep his profile up to date, both the guy and the site should be fined in addition to the penalty the guy gets for his crimes. It should be a law that these sites have an enforced rule that profiles be accurate and up to date.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58597 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 10:38 AM
It should be a law that these sites have an enforced rule that profiles be accurate and up to date.

How...to me this is pretty much impossible. Which is the point. The internet is a user beware place. It ain't nice for the very reason that information can be faked.

There is no way I know of to enforce this...well unless you want Gattica or 1984 to finally come about.

Buffy

Author: joseph714 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58598 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 11:26 AM
Well, maybe I read wrong, perils of the internet, but mimicking me and then using the statements below...:
==========
made a proclama[t]ion
busted wise
is that ok too? What if he is 20 instead of 19? Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed?
==========

& that is the one elephant in the room problem with sarcasm in its less than well intended intent.

By the way, the discusion is in my mind, quite good as well as important.

Taking the high road in bringing ones point to print may serve fairly well, while that sarcasm dig thing just never quite makes its deeper point very well.

I have been recommending both sides clearer & progressive points.

Much appreciation for a good dialogue.

Author: joseph714 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58599 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 11:32 AM
"thread-killer, as in dead, I killed it, the repartee was fast & furious til I came along-
oh well!"

Persuasive
------------

I actually feel you brought in a valuable viewpoint to posit another angle.

I liked it & it seems that Sockpuppet got it quite accurately.

Straight ahead with all voices & their views, I would say.

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58600 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 11:42 AM
& that is the one elephant in the room problem with sarcasm in its less than well intended intent.

By the way, the discusion is in my mind, quite good as well as important.

Taking the high road in bringing ones point to print may serve fairly well, while that sarcasm dig thing just never quite makes its deeper point very well.

My replies weren't sarcasm nor did I "mimic" Buffy as he charges. Buffy may not like the tone. But, my paraphrasing of what he said was accurate. The snippets he quoted (that seemed to rub him the wrong way) were putting in blunt terms how I interpreted what he said and the implication of the ambiguous contentions he made about age of consent. I even inquired for a further explanation of acceptable age differences and limitations to no avail.

If Buffy got his way..... he would be a busy man sitting on every grand jury involving a case of sex with a minor to deem what is appropriate (like examples he posted) and what is not. (now, that was sarcasm (-:)

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58601 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:00 PM
Buffy got his way..... he would be a busy man sitting on every grand jury involving a case of sex with a minor to deem what is appropriate (like examples he posted) and what is not. (now, that was sarcasm (-:)

I'll try again.
The crime should be abuse. The crime should not be sex. I have read accounts of a 15y/o going to juvie because he slept with a 14y/o. Tell me how that is justice.
I am not comfortable with a strict age definition. So that is why you haven't gotten one...and I don't think I am equivicating(?). In one case 16 and 14 can be to much of a maturity difference...in others 19 and 15 isn't...totally depends. That is why I say we look at abuse as the crime.

If there is abuse...then there is a crime.

Why don't you like that? You have NOT provided any rational...while I have. Why is a 19 a man? Still a teen to me. Why do you think 19y/os are rational...the insurance companies don't. Would you say 15 is a man? I have seen 15y/o's tried as adults in murder cases...does that make them men in a sexual case too?

You have not explained anything except that you have violent tendancies toward anyone interested in your daughter...and that you accept the status quo.

nor did I "mimic" Buffy as he charges

Ah...so this post shows that you just liked what I said?
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24249912

Just sayin'

Buffy

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58602 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:16 PM
but when a guy uses lies and/or other methods of deceit to get the girl, that combined with the age difference makes him a slimeball and he needs to do a little time.

Doe this mean I should stop trying to date those (20 years younger) 30somethings? get rid of my fancy car and etchings?

WF

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58603 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:25 PM
Recommendations: 5
it's not like he's a 50-yr-old with gray hair and a potbelly like the creeps on Dateline "To Catch a Predator"...

Thanks persuasive1 describe me and then call me a creep.....my day is shot....might as well go drink....

WF

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58604 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:27 PM
1984 to finally come about

Please protect us from ourselves.....already here.

WF

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58605 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:30 PM
nor did I "mimic" Buffy as he charges

Ah...so this post shows that you just liked what I said?
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24249912

Just sayin'

What does liking what you said have to do with mimicking you? I don't like or dislike what you said. I disagree with it and was continuing to attempt to persuade my point of view same as you were. Obviously neither you or I will persuade the other. The other readers of the board are audiences for the discussion also.... Joseph being an excellent example.

I'll try again.
The crime should be abuse. The crime should not be sex. I have read accounts of a 15y/o going to juvie because he slept with a 14y/o. Tell me how that is justice.
I am not comfortable with a strict age definition. So that is why you haven't gotten one...and I don't think I am equivicating(?). In one case 16 and 14 can be to much of a maturity difference...in others 19 and 15 isn't...totally depends. That is why I say we look at abuse as the crime.

If there is abuse...then there is a crime.

That is not consistent with what you have posted. The two cases you cited as being uncomfortable you cited no evidence "abuse". You cited clearly grown men with barely pubescent girls (an age difference). You did not cite any abusive conduct. I believe that you really do believe there is a minimum age, age disparity, or combination of both that constitutes "abuse" by the very age situation (that is the rational for statutory rape provisions in our law - that up to a certain age you are unable to competantly "consent" so it is abuse).

I really don't think you think its ok if a twelve year old girl has sex with a 25 year old man. In fact you have made that clear. But, you have also referenced something compelling about sexual anatomical maturity, you have referenced something compelling about being a "teen". You have alluded to 13 year olds and later 14 year olds as some minimum age of being adults in some fashion. Oddly one of the examples you pointed to as a case you would prosecute was a 13 year old girl.

My point remains, that you have criticized some arbitrary age guidelines when you hold different guidelines all you own that are age related. You just don't want to articulate and go on the record with what they are. Your abuse distinction does not hold water..... not with the examples you pointed to of what you would prosecute. You have not provided any basis for any legislation you would prosecute them under. Where was the abuse?

You have not explained anything except that you have violent tendancies toward anyone interested in your daughter...and that you accept the status quo.

I have explained my position quite well. I have not indicated that I would have violent tendencies toward anyone interested in my daughter. I have indicated I would rip a grown man apart that chased my daughter while she is a child. I have also indicated how I would change the status quo if I could after indicating I can live with it the way it is. You have done nothing but call people that don't see it your way prudes and indicated we should prosecute people based on what makes you uncomfortable as the litmus test. You have basicall thrown Jello against the wall. It didn't stick.

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58606 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:38 PM
I have read accounts of a 15y/o going to juvie because he slept with a 14y/o. Tell me how that is justice.

Incidentally, if you had bothered to read my posts, you would know that I would prefer provisions for this sort of relationship. I clearly delineated provisions I would make for relationships between minors and even between close in age minor/newly legal adults relationships.

And, what I outlined is clearly defined and enforced.

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58607 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:39 PM

Will you boys go to your corners please?

Coyote - you are a wonderful concerned dad.

Buffy - you are a nice guy IRL, bright and articulate.

You both are stubborn brats here recently. I'd say kiss and make up but that would start a new fight....so shake hands. And smile dammit!

WF *admires both men when they are not bratty*

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58608 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:53 PM

I best let the misses know I'm in need of a good beating, or tongue lapping...errrr I mean lashing.

BTW...... this was hilarious:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24254287

I'm just happy it was water I sprayed all over my desk rather than a soda.

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58609 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 12:58 PM
Thanks persuasive1 describe me and then call me a creep.....my day is shot....might as well go drink....

WF

---

OK I just spit my coffee. Are we even now?

p1

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58610 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:00 PM
I shoulda had a spew alert but.........

Can we get back to sex or lack of it now?

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58612 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:04 PM
Can we get back to sex or lack of it now?

I got some this morning............ she is of iron clad, inarguable, consenting age.

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58613 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:05 PM
Only if it came through your nose.....

WF *say hi to jak for me*

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58614 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:06 PM
I got some this morning............ she is of iron clad, inarguable, consenting age.

Rosie and her 5 daughters don't count!

Author: precious1965 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58615 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/diet.fitness/06/20/hb.exercise.benefits/index.html

By Amy Cox, CNN

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

-- Everybody knows exercise is key to a good ticker and a more sleek physique. But did you know working out may improve your sex life, trigger a better night's sleep and help you stop smoking?

Author: precious1965 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58616 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:08 PM
............ she is of iron clad, inarguable, consenting age.

If you value your sex life, life, or just plain happiness, never ever tell her this.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58617 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:09 PM

Ok, fine...be that way...this was a compelling distraction from my work..but if you are going to force me to work....

Anyway, Coyote, I totally understand your stance. Honestly. And we did seem to be talking past each other....so I proffer my hand...and offer a beer.

I agree the conversation should just move back to more comfortable sexual discussions....

....like the fact that I have had NONE for quite some time.

Stinks.

Later
Buffy

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58618 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:12 PM
How long is quite some time? Are we talking weeks, months, or worse?

p1

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58619 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:14 PM

If you value your sex life, life, or just plain happiness, never ever tell her this.

Well, it is getting a little awkward, having a 14 year old daugter, to be saying with a straight face that DW is 29.... I mean heck, its not like we are from Arkansas.

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58620 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:15 PM
-- Everybody knows exercise is key to a good ticker and a more sleek physique. But did you know working out may improve your sex life, trigger a better night's sleep and help you stop smoking?

Yeah, if I exercise I can run faster and catch a few of those hotties and have sex....

WF *that's the ticket*

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58621 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:17 PM
I mean heck, its not like we are from Arkansas.

Tell the daughter she's adopted....you wanted an older child and younger wife.

WF *suggestions-r-us*

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58622 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:17 PM
Yeah, if I exercise I can run faster and catch a few of those hotties and have sex....

WF *that's the ticket*

That is quite a dillemma Wyne. The petite ones you can hold your own with are generally faster...... the ones you can catch, are a lot tougher and you may not weather the storm.

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58623 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:19 PM
The petite ones you can hold your own with are generally faster...... the ones you can catch, are a lot tougher and you may not weather the storm.

Daymn, I guess I'll jest sit in the portch and drink!

WineFool

Author: 5MinMajor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58624 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:20 PM
Mental note to self....

Post no more topics......

Author: coyote97 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58625 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:20 PM

She was quite proud of getting carded buying Margarita fixin's last weekend.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58627 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 1:42 PM
How long is quite some time? Are we talking weeks, months, or worse?

Definitly in the months...may even be a year...but I am blocking that out.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah....

Frustrated

Author: Kasuma724 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58629 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 2:08 PM
<<Doe this mean I should stop trying to date those (20 years younger) 30somethings? get rid of my fancy car and etchings?

WF >>

Yes. That's what it means.

Author: Kasuma724 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58630 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 2:11 PM
<<Well, it is getting a little awkward, having a 14 year old daugter, to be saying with a straight face that DW is 29.... I mean heck, its not like we are from Arkansas. >>

Well... she just needs to be creative. Assuming that she was 20 when DD was born...she isn't now thirty-four...she's twenty-fourteen.

Kas - about to be thirty-seventeen

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58631 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 2:18 PM
<<Doe this mean I should stop trying to date those (20 years younger) 30somethings? get rid of my fancy car and etchings?

WF >>

Yes. That's what it means.

And I guess that thirty-seventeen is outa my league?

WF

Author: Kasuma724 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58634 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 3:12 PM
<<And I guess that thirty-seventeen is outa my league?>>

Thirty-seventeen would be well within your league if you were single.

But you're not. :-P

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58635 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 3:55 PM
And how do you expect me to get any exercise if'n I stop chasin' after them 30 somethings?

WF

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58636 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/21/2006 5:03 PM
Definitly in the months...may even be a year...but I am blocking that out.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah....

Frustrated

----

Buffy-

Dubious distinction: I'm a bigger loser than you are! Perhaps I'm making up for my precocious start, but last time I got lucky was 4th of July weekend, '04... and that was memorable only from the calendar date, mind you, not the other participant- we drifted and broke up by default, a real case of "we just really weren't that into each other"... and I have not been motivated to get back out there, just haven't wanted to bad enough, although I've had some good boyfriends in the past.

Janet
20-sixteen
(I like this, I'm in my 20's again, cool)

Author: Kasuma724 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58639 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 9:04 AM
<<And how do you expect me to get any exercise if'n I stop chasin' after them 30 somethings?>>

Do what I do... jump to conclusions.... run off at the mouth... flip over a new pair of shoes

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58640 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 9:43 AM
Do what I do... jump to conclusions.... run off at the mouth... flip over a new pair of shoes

Dang girlfriend, you're almost gooder than a wife!

WF

Author: amiablejak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58643 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 4:17 PM
last time I got lucky was 4th of July weekend, '04...

I don't know the date, but it had to have been around the same time for me.

I have no inclination now to "get lucky." I know I want a relationship and don't care to pursue anything else. Very traditional, archaic, old-fashioned, I know - but it's who I am.

20-sixteen

me too!

jak

Author: persuasive1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58644 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 5:45 PM
celibate by default!

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58645 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 9:42 PM
20-sixteen
-----------------
me too!

Hey back off...she's mine. 20-sixteen here too. HA!

Anyway, opening a bottle of red (cab-shiraz) to drink with some pasta and red sauce.

Alone in Missouri...sucks.

Buffy

Author: amiablejak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58646 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 10:16 PM
Alone in Missouri...sucks.

where?

jak

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58647 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 10:29 PM
KC....the other side. Next to the creationist in the next state.

Buffy

Author: amiablejak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58652 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/22/2006 10:57 PM
.the other side.

ah

Next to the creationist in the next state.

?

jak

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58654 of 65471
Subject: Re: For Coyote97 Date: 6/23/2006 9:34 AM
celibate by default!

not MY fault!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement