No. of Recommendations: 3
For me personally, the odds are that I will hit. I practice regularly with my pistol and have groupings smaller than an envelope at 25 meters. At one point, I could hit targets 300 meters away with regularity using an AR-15.

I'm trying very hard to be a good guest here (I'm having an intriguing conversation with Casciman), but do you regularly practice with someone shooting at you, with panicked people running around and (in this case) smoke grenades going off?

I'm going to guess that most of those 17-40% accurate police officers also make good, tight groupings when range qualifying. Here's an article from a veteran of action in Kandahar about combat:

If one is aware of the "rules of shooting", you greatly decrease your chances of hitting an innocent person. In this scenario, know your target, what is in front of your target, and what is behind your target.

In this scenario, it sounds like the odds of you firing your weapon are pretty low, since what is in front of and behind your target are teachers and school children?

I guarantee, when the shooter hears gunshots that he didn't create, they will stop and try to find cover. So I don't necessarily even have to hit them to be successful.

Assuming the shooter was planning on coming out of the scenario alive.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.