No. of Recommendations: 1
For the cash/liguid part, I would consider putting about 70% in short and intermediate Vanguard investment grade bond funds, possibly as high as 75%. The other 25% to 30%, I would put in the Total Market Index with Vanguard. I would reinvest the interest and distrubtuions, then withdraw no more than 4 or 5% per year for your additional spending. This is just some rough ideas. Looks like you're doing fairly well all by yourself, so I wouldn't pay anyone for help. Good luck. Even at your age, you still could use some growth in case one of you lives a very long time.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.