Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: redsavina Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7630  
Subject: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 12:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 48
FOR THE GIRLS

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) v. 1.0

Q. What's the deal with this board?

A. It is one example of what author Virginia Woolf called “a room of one's own.”

Q. Huh?

A. Woolf wrote a piece called “A Room of One's Own,” in which she said, among other things, that in order to write (i.e. speak freely and creatively) a woman must have a room of her own. And that is what FTG is. It's a place on TMF for female Fools to talk, knowing that this room is their own.

Q. Who started FTG? I noticed that this board is in the Investing Clubs folder.

A. No one remembers. It was appropriated, or rather, since women are gatherers, it was gathered circa 2001 by some girl Fools who wanted a place to talk about only girl stuff.

Q. What do you talk about here? Tampons? Politics? Sex? Lip gloss? Feminist literature? Finding pants that fit?

A. Yes.

Q. Are you a bunch of ugly lesbians?

A. We are a bunch of fat ugly bearded lesbian man-haters.

Q. May men and boys post here?

A. No, they may not.

Q. That's not fair.

A. There are myriad TMF boards frequently mainly by men. You may already know of some. Many boards have unwritten rules and codes of behavior. We have few of either, and none is regularly enforced except one: posting here is “for the girls.”

Q. Is there a “For the Guys” board?

A. Yes. http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=16867859&bid=115875&days=365

Q. Come on, let's get going. We were supposed to be there an hour ago.

A. You're not wearing that, are you?

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Wilsonsjulie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2953 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:11 PM
Recommendations: 2
Q. What do you talk about here? Tampons? Politics? Sex? Lip gloss? Feminist literature? Finding pants that fit?

A. Yes.

Q. Are these posts allowed to be reposted to other stock-related boards without the expressed permission of the Authoress?

A. No they are not. This practics has the element of harassing/censorship/intimidation/stalking in nature.

Author: redsavina Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2954 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:17 PM
Recommendations: 1
Q. Are these posts allowed to be reposted to other stock-related boards without the expressed permission of the Authoress?

A. No they are not. This practics has the element of harassing/censorship/intimidation/stalking in nature.

In a perfect world, this would be true. However, by posting on TMF, you have given your express permission for your words to be read by any registered Fool, and that includes cross-posting links. However, if another poster makes slanderous or harrassing comments about you on the other board...well, that's another story, but for now let's not go there.

redsavina,

Elapsed time from posting FAQ until first suggested change: 18 minutes. <sigh>

Author: Wilsonsjulie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2955 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
However, if another poster makes slanderous or harrassing comments about you on the other board...well, that's another story, but for now let's not go there.

Okay, but it does happen. :-O

~j

(us and brits are bombing Iraq, according to news, btw)

Author: Wilsonsjulie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2957 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:24 PM
Elapsed time from posting FAQ until first suggested change: 18 minutes. <sigh>

Amazing!
I'm on your side should there ever be another war declared ;-)

Author: redsavina Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2958 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:25 PM
I'm on your side should there ever be another war declared ;-)

This I know.

Author: BRIANNR Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2959 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:43 PM
Recommendations: 2
You left off

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

BR, not here but still helping nonetheless

Author: redsavina Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2960 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 1:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
You left off

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Trolls will be directed to read the FAQ.

Author: BRIANNR Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2962 of 7630
Subject: Re: For the girls FAQ v. 1.0 Date: 4/15/2002 2:13 PM
You left off

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS
========
Trolls will be directed to read the FAQ.

Okay, I read the FAQ...again.

I still feel the urge to be not here.

BR, warped TROLL-in-training

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement