UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308355  
Subject: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/16/2003 7:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
Hi Folks!

Just want to pass on some info that a rep from American AAdvantage told me.

I'm one of those who uses his Citibank American Airlines Visa for everything I'm buying anyway, just to get the miles (most of you know this already).

Well, one of the things that we buy regularly is Product 19 cereal. We buy it because my wife eats that, and what makes it better is that it's one of the cereals that has a 100 mile coupon on the box. For every five coupons, you get 500 airmiles. To date, I've accumulated about 9000 miles from that program.

Anyway, what the rep told me is to watch for many other products to offer this promotion. Things from Eggo Waffles (I've seen this one out already), to PopTarts and cereal bars, as well as many other Kellogg's products.

If you're going to buy these products anyway, it's something to look for.

I love the airmiles program. I haven't had to pay for a ticket for either of us to Aruba for about 6 or 7 years now. I have the tickets in hand for July's trip, and so far enough airmiles for both our ticket for next year's trip...as well as about 25,000 miles banked towards Aruba 2005. :-)

And as I always like to point out, I always pay the bill in full every month, never paying a cent in interest. It's what I believe in. I'm adament that if I couldn't pay the bill in full, I wouldn't charge.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SRenaeP Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162472 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/16/2003 8:17 PM
Recommendations: 2
You can also do surveys at www.opinionplace.com for AA miles.

-Steph

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162475 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/16/2003 9:18 PM
Recommendations: 0
You can also do surveys at www.opinionplace.com for AA miles.

That's awesome, Steph! Thanks for this tip. :-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: cinnywoo2001 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162488 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/17/2003 1:45 AM
I assume you use your card to pay for the cereal and get miles that way too?

Thanks for the info!

Cinnywoo

An AA member who likes to upgrade herself to & from London

Author: Benevolent Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162518 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/17/2003 12:29 PM
Tony,

Do you know where I can get a list of products that provide AA frequent-flier miles?

Benevolent

Author: SRenaeP Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162521 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/17/2003 1:10 PM
Tony,

Do you know where I can get a list of products that provide AA frequent-flier miles?

Benevolent

http://kellogg.marketlocator.com/kelloggs/us/kelloggpromotion.nsf/webinternet/9338590663CE1A0E862569A8006CDFD8

-Steph

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162527 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/17/2003 1:55 PM
I know you can get them on boxes of Low-Fat Granola.

Kaiti

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162566 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/17/2003 5:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
I assume you use your card to pay for the cereal and get miles that way too?

Thanks for the info!

Cinnywoo

An AA member who likes to upgrade herself to & from London

Absolutely, Chinnywoo! Those airmiles are money in the bank. I took that survey last night, and got 200 miles free for just 10 minutes of my time.

LOL...my friend calls me a miles monger.

I just call myself...Foolish. ;-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162568 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 6/17/2003 5:25 PM

Good question, Benevolent. I don't have a list, myself, but I'm always on the lookout for promotions. Some promos can be found at aa.com, at the AAdvantage link. Also, a search on google for "American Airlines miles" will offer more.

Finally, if you call American's AAdvantage desk, they can tell you what some of the latest promos are. That's how I found out about new Kellogg's promos coming.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: Belgoboy Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167360 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 8/6/2003 3:18 PM
What are the annual fees? I travel to Europe at least 2x a year and have hesitated getting an airline card because of the high annual fees...so far. .

If one already has a Citibank card are they able to "relinquish" that and transfer to a different type? Thank you

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167362 of 308355
Subject: Re: For those collecting American Miles Date: 8/6/2003 3:55 PM
What are the annual fees? I travel to Europe at least 2x a year and have hesitated getting an airline card because of the high annual fees...so far. .

If one already has a Citibank card are they able to "relinquish" that and transfer to a different type? Thank you

Hi Belgoboy,

The annual fee is $50, so you need to make sure that you charge enough to make it worth your while to pay the fee. Also, remember that the only way to make it pay for you is to never carry a balance, so you're never paying for those miles through interest.

I believe that if you have a Citi card now, they will change it to an AAdvantage card for you, but you'd have to contact them to be sure.

Good luck!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement