Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BFatConservative One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18096  
Subject: Ford is not alone Date: 2/21/2013 9:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Snip:

"Somewhere in Dearborn, the folks responsible for MyFord Touch and Sync are nodding sympathetically. Perhaps they and Toyota should form a support group. On second thought, maybe their customers should."

Toyota finds itself on the receiving end of technology issues integrated in their hand free system Entune. I would say that Ford is working its way out of this kerfuffle, but it looks like Toyota is just finding its way in. Wonder what consumer reports will have to say?

http://www.freep.com/article/20130221/COL14/302210057/1002/N...

MjH
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17433 of 18096
Subject: Re: Ford is not alone Date: 2/26/2013 11:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Both companies made the very same mistake.

Do you know what they have in common?

Author: JustMee01 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17434 of 18096
Subject: Re: Ford is not alone Date: 2/26/2013 11:59 AM
I presume you refer to Farley?

Author: BFatConservative One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17435 of 18096
Subject: Re: Ford is not alone Date: 2/26/2013 12:44 PM
They make cars?

jkjk

MjH

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17436 of 18096
Subject: Re: Ford is not alone Date: 2/26/2013 8:14 PM
I presume you refer to Farley?

LOL No, not him. Great steal though ;)

I was thinking of a certain company in Redmond Washington. A company I never, ever wanted to be inside any part of my car.

I think it's too bad that the jokes some of us heard years ago are almost true. Having to park your car so you can restart and reboot it. Being in a restaurant parking lot searching for restaurants, but it can't find one.

The added price and complexity of the systems nowadays that everyone is lusting after in today's cars? I think it's premature. The early, early days of Ford's Sync had me interested. It was simple, it worked.

Cars work great nowadays, like we always wanted. I'd go back to radios with knobs in a minute if it eliminated problems.

Author: KennyO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17437 of 18096
Subject: Re: Ford is not alone Date: 2/27/2013 12:29 AM
Recommendations: 1
I fear the consequences of these systems and the lemmings driving the cars who obediently drop their eyes to peer at the displays and puzzle over their cars' inability to find businesses known to be within a block or two.

I REALLY don't want to be on the road among them. Perhaps I should pass right through Luddite-hood and pursue hermit-hood.

KennyO

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17438 of 18096
Subject: Re: Ford is not alone Date: 2/27/2013 12:35 PM
I REALLY don't want to be on the road among them.

Me either. Maybe they should plug in a motion sensor and blank the screen when the vehicle is moving ;-) Like that would ever happen...

Richard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement