UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35363  
Subject: Ford Preferred S dividend Date: 7/21/2010 11:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Woo-hoo, just got my dividend on F.PR.S. $508 on 100 shares.

I was afraid that I'd merely traded dividend for price, so I pulled up history. http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/interchart/interchart.asp?s...

Looks like lots of people played "capture the dividend" on the ex-div date.
Price jumped from 40 on Jun 29 to 47 on Jun 30, on massive volume---- 8,000,000 shares vs. average volume of 250,000. Price dropped back to 40 on July 1 with volume 2,600,000. Vol in the next few days averaged about 400,000.

Aside from that large one day spike, the price just kept to its normal up/down wave. Price is now back to 44.

A big THANK YOU to whoever recommended F.PR.S to me. (Maybe it was Cramer?) I bought it at 11.5% yield (albeit suspended), and now it's 7.5% plus a very handsome capital gain.
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement