Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18103  
Subject: Ford to offer $750,000 match Date: 2/10/2013 7:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ford to offer $750,000 match for U.S. dealer investment

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/10/ford-dealers-idUSL...

* Ford program could cost more than $2 billion

* Ford hopes all 3,100 of its U.S. dealers participate

* Much of program to be spent on digital upgrades

By Bernie Woodall

ORLANDO, Fla., Feb 10 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will offer dollar-for-dollar matching funds to its 3,100 U.S. dealers to upgrade their shops, from new construction to improved digital programs, Ford executives said on Sunday.

James
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17407 of 18103
Subject: Re: Ford to offer $750,000 match Date: 2/11/2013 6:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Farley emphasized that a "very significant portion" of the money Ford will spend will be to enhance customer digital experiences. Much of it will be spent to help customers use tablet computers to liaise with dealerships.

Most automakers have added an array of improvements over the past few decades to make customers more comfortable, such as plush waiting rooms with free food and beverages.

The Ford program is clearly not all about new construction, Czubay and Farley told reporters after a meeting of its dealers at the National Automobile Dealers Association annual convention.

"This is about making sure the customers (who) get in the store, get in the service department have a great experience," Farley said. "It's not about beautiful brand signs and what the dealership looks like on the outside."
"

I can certainly understand the showrooms, communication upgrades. But "Much" of it spent helping customers with tablets? Seriously?

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17409 of 18103
Subject: Re: Ford to offer $750,000 match Date: 2/11/2013 12:23 PM
Recommendations: 2
But "Much" of it spent helping customers with tablets? Seriously?

Not sure what they are talking about there. But if I'm waiting for service, would be cool to have an app detailing the progress on my vehicle. That's assuming the techs enter each stage of service in the system in real time, and not do it all at the end. Would also be handy to view my vehicle's service history, rather than having to rely on the paper trail back home.

Richard

Author: wp100 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17410 of 18103
Subject: Re: Ford to offer $750,000 match Date: 2/12/2013 9:43 AM
Recommendations: 0
Actually there is already a site to track your service history, here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/.... It also allows you to input work done by non-Ford/Lincoln service outlets or by DIYs.

I believe there is also a similar site for Lincoln owners.

Wally

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17411 of 18103
Subject: Re: Ford to offer $750,000 match Date: 2/12/2013 11:08 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Wally, I had forgotten about that site.

Richard

Author: TMFThump Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Home Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17489 of 18103
Subject: Re: Ford to offer $750,000 match Date: 3/26/2013 6:15 PM
Recommendations: 4
kahunacfa

Every time I take our autos in for Service the dealers all provide FREE loaner autos or call Enterprise for a paid rental.

... which is of particular importance to Cooper owners.

Doug

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement