Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I worked overseas for four years and was therefore exempt from U.S. income taxes for most of that period. I returned to the U.S. in June of 1999. My question is: Is the income I earned from January through May 1999 still considered foreign earned to the IRS. I'm hoping that my 1999 taxes will be based only on what I earned here in the U.S. from June through December. The scary part was that my employer had sent me a second W2 form showing my income from the first six months of the year with no taxes taken out. Yikes! Please help me if you can, thanks.

Dave "dontactlikeafool"
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.