UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88  
Subject: Foreign Films Date: 8/14/2007 1:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
off the top of my noggin:

=The Scent of Green Papaya

=Un Coeur en Hiver (A Heart in Winter)

=Decalogue

=The Gospel According to St. Matthew

=Teorema (The Visitor)

=Virgin Spring

Well .. what's the use .. there are thousands better than anything ever created in Los Angeles. But speaking of which, if you ever DO come to L.A. .. try the hiking trails just north of Franklin and west of Griffith park. They're only 3 minutes from HOllywood Blvd and they're wonderful. There's a huge cave up there where they've probably filmed a hundred scenes from both television and the movies. There are miles and miles of crisscrossing trails with KNOCKout views of the city on both sides .. and .. of course .. there's the world famous HOLLYWOOD sign. Gimme a call .. I'll come climb around with ya.

over n out
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jimpiccard Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82 of 88
Subject: Re: Foreign Films Date: 8/18/2007 12:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In the Realm of the Senses.

jp

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 83 of 88
Subject: Re: Foreign Films Date: 8/18/2007 1:19 AM
Ya know .. I was JUST thinking about that film the other day. It's a film I've heard about all of my life and never seen! Countless time I've stood in the vid-store holding it and other possibilities in my hand ... only to end up .. again and yet again .. choosing the other. Is it reeeeeeally so worthwhile? Or are people so enamoured of it only because it comes served up with a generous dollop of sex. Which is fine .. but if you already are an occassional purveyer of fine erotica .. then you don't need to search for sexuality in 'normal' cinema.
Anyway .. thanks for the mention of it.

nl

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 84 of 88
Subject: Re: Foreign Films Date: 8/18/2007 1:23 AM
and if it IS the sexuality that you enjoyed .. and you want to stick with 'mainstream' films .. you will LOVE this little gem:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101316/

n

Author: jimpiccard Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86 of 88
Subject: Re: Foreign Films Date: 8/24/2007 12:59 AM
In the Realm of the Senses is a little different; it is a true story, for one. After hearing of the story while living in Japan, I stumbled across the videotape in the US.

jp

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement