Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pec10 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121565  
Subject: Foreign Pension Date: 3/9/2014 7:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I get monthly from my "old' country. When I try to report it as pension on Turbotax, it seems to be mixed in as a IRA. Is this correct?
Thank you for your help.
Erik
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120415 of 121565
Subject: Re: Foreign Pension Date: 3/9/2014 11:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I get monthly from my "old' country. When I try to report it as pension on Turbotax, it seems to be mixed in as a IRA. Is this correct?

No. Pensions go on line 16 of the 1040, IRAs on line 15. Somewhere in your input you're telling TT that this is an IRA. Fix that, and you fix the problem.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement