Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would appreciate a pointer to high integrity books, publications or tax law references on this subject. Please do not respond with hear-say or second hand anecdotes.

"TMF Taxes" once wrote the following but recommended no specific references.

There are certain foreign trusts that can provide some US tax savings and/or deferral depending upon how they are structured. But this is a very complicated area, one that is well beyond the scope of this message folder. And you certainly would not want to get involved with any foreign trusts without the guidance of a qualified tax attorney.

If you are really interested in this issue, your local bookstore has a number of volumes on this issue that might be a place to start building your knowledge on this subject.

TMF Taxes

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.