Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Lylettie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57283  
Subject: Forgot the 40th!! Date: 10/3/2012 3:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Forty years, that is.

My wife, Lettie, and I quit cold turkey on September 26, 1972.

As you can see, the 40th anniversary of that life altering event slipped by without me remembering to make comment to the board. In fact, I didn't think about it until just a while ago when Lettie asked me how long it's been since we quit. That's when I remembered that I wanted to post on the anniversary date. After 40 years, it's almost as if we never smoked. It's probably one of the best decisions that we have ever made.

Good luck to those who have, or are trying to quit!!

Lyle
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56567 of 57283
Subject: Re: Forgot the 40th!! Date: 10/3/2012 4:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Lyle,

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S to both you and your wife! Forty years is quite an accomplishment. I celebrated 11 years on the same date.

Please allow me to present both you and your lovely wife with this beautiful silver trophy, engraved with your names and the figure 40 spelled out in rubies.

Don't be a stranger. Stick around and post now and then. You've got a lot of experience and must have many pearls of wisdom to impart to the "newbies".

Hugs.

Verna

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56568 of 57283
Subject: Re: Forgot the 40th!! Date: 10/3/2012 5:07 PM
Recommendations: 1
That is so great!

And just what newbies and re-trys really need to hear. IT CAN BE DONE AND IT CAN LAST!! Hooray for both of you. Give each other a big hug.

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56571 of 57283
Subject: Re: Forgot the 40th!! Date: 10/4/2012 4:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
Lyle! Congratulations to you both! I'm sure most of us here are exceedingly jealous of your wise and brilliant decision all those years ago, when just about everybody was still puffing away.

I quit way back then too. :o) And again in '85, and again in '93, and probably a few extra times in between, before the real thing in 2000.

You were the smart ones.

Good on you!

cat

Author: Lylettie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56572 of 57283
Subject: Re: Forgot the 40th!! Date: 10/4/2012 7:26 PM
Recommendations: 5
Cat,

My wife was the instigator for us to quit smoking when she discovered our 18 month old son had retrieved a cigarette butt from an ashtray and was simulating smoking it. Some positive fallout from our quitting is that neither our son or daughter have ever taken up the habit, and hopefully that will pass down to the grandchildren.

Lyle

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56573 of 57283
Subject: Re: Forgot the 40th!! Date: 10/5/2012 6:12 AM
Recommendations: 4
My children and grandchildren have never smoked either. In fact it was my five year old granddaughter who kept asking me why I wanted to die whenever she saw me smoke that did it for me.
Shelley

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement