Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I received subject form on line today for a small position of ABC stock held in a Fidelity Acct. The total did not reflect a cash dividend declared in 11-10-10 and paid on 1-7-11. I called Fidelity and the associate said I would not receive an amended 1099-DIV and that the dividend would be for tax year 2011.
Is this correct? I would like to avoid having to file an amended 20101 tax return.
Thanks. Happy New Year.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.