Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Tax Mavens!
I am an investor of my own capital(No earned income). I would like to claim the depriciation on my computer over 5 years. My question is do I have to file Form 4562-Depreciation/Amortization or can I simply include the depriciated amount on line 22 of Schedule A under Miscellaneous Deductions? Also can office furniture be depriciated in the same way? Thanks in advance for your help!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.