Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: richmouse Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4064  
Subject: Former telemarketer Date: 9/26/2007 6:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I used to work for a telemarketing firm, depression was a daily and nightly event. Some nights where great nights as I sold other overpriced product that could of been purchased cheaper at Walmart. Tonight's Blue light special is trash bags. But hey it's for a non-profit charity. By the way this is still true as the attorney general checked us out alot and we were rated as honest and on the upright. However here is the downside. We get paid only a straight commision, that's right fools just like the stock broker in the story by V. Boy do I feel like a idiot all those sales courses just to learn from the fool the real money is that's right boys and girl in not being honest and ripping off investors that are idiots, and trust other people with there money not motley foolishly like they should but just plan Baka brain wise. PS. Baka is the Japanese word for Idiot. But my friend Nori told me it has more a more serious meaning when combined with other words. By the way fools I am poor as a salesman because I am honest. That is the death nail for any salesman. I would love to work again at a place where it pays to be honest in sales but  I've never found one yet. It's like looking for a honest man during the day with a lantern. So fellow fools I will tell you this not one salesman ever tells you the complete truth. They can't. These trash bags I should where just like the stocks out there they performed better then the others only because they where  made of a stronger material but that was it. Just like a stock it's the material holding it together that counts. Problem is not all companies see it in there best interest to prove you with all the details about there daily operations and sec filings are not any help as there outdated when we get them alot of the time. So V was right from the sales side of this, and by the way we got lottery tickets for each sale over a exact amount. I've also sold newspapers there marketable the same way as stocks are I found out after reading this. I try to convince people my information is better then anyone elses. Answer its not you can get the same information from the wall street journal as you can from the orange country register. LOL. So people please think before you buy. Signed a poor salesman that is still honest.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement