Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: crlcw21 One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129  
Subject: Re: FORTUNE BRANDS Date: 4/2/2008 1:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Fortune Brands (FO) is a very solid company that is not going away but will take some time to recover and do very well. They have sold off their wine assets last year. They lost their bid to buy Absolute and are now using that money for a stock buy back program. The stock is up 12% since the new about Absolute and the buy backs.

Long term I really like this company. They are caring a lot of long term debt some of which is not due until 2036. They are paying off this debt at a good pace some 33% last year alone. This is partially from the sale of their wine assets. Revenues are still increasing even in a very down economy even if a slight 0.5% year to date. I am looking for a return of the housing market to help FO’s Moen faucets and their other home furnishing companies. I love the fact that they do have Jim Beam and other spirits because they float the company through the hard times. Then their Golf and home furnishing brands will make the company and us a lot of money when the economy is good.

I hope this helps out if you have any other questions of concerns about FO or anything else feel free to ask me. My other posts about FO may also help out give a run down of the financial situation. I will continue to post the financial notes for FO and other companies hopefully to make it easy to quickly research and get trends over the years.

CRL
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement