No. of Recommendations: 1
I located a monitor, got the office to approve the purchase as well. (I'd like for it to be mine, but I'd rather have it to use right away instead of having to save up my money for it).

It's an HP-Compaq. I guess HP bought out Compaq at some point and started selling merchandise under that label? I don't know, but I do like HP monitors. The ones I've had were sturdy and had good enough pictures. I do text, no need to be too OCD about the colors and such.

It does have the pivot base, so will pivot to portrait mode. I can still use the 3M stand that I bought for the second monitor and have both in portrait mode if I like.

Best, it was one of the very, very few that has a 1920 x 1200 resolution, instead of just 1080. Thanks to the person who made that recommendation.

Here's the model, if anyone is interested. The price compared quite well, considering the fact that the stand for it allows the different orientation. Plus, it has software included that will allow me to change the orientation without having to go into the control panel settings each time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176...

SJK - thanks for the tutorial on sizing a monitor. I decided to go on with the 24" for cost and because I still want to use 2 monitors.

Rita
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement