UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: woodmere12 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753876  
Subject: Found you in the Nick of Time! Date: 7/25/2000 9:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One week from today I should have my very first pension check...age 50...now working 3 days a wk in a gift shop...Selling the big house to move across town to what we will fondly call hodgepodgelodge, a smaller home that will serve snowbirds well. We become SBs in 3 more yrs when the youngest graduates.
Already have our home in Fl.
Plan to cash in Quest ASAP to avoid a home equity loan.
The new home needs roof, carpet, etc.but we will be mortgage free at the new address then.
We own some Fl rental property and hope that all our planning pays off as we both are now semi-retired.
It has been fun finding this board & I guess I'll be a frequent visitor now.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TBosh Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13750 of 753876
Subject: Re: Found you in the Nick of Time! Date: 7/25/2000 10:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

woodmere- Do I understand correctly that you will convert your rental property into your primary retirement home? I'm curious about that as I've been wondering about purchasing a vacation home and renting it out until we're ready to use it -and the tax ramifications.

Author: sedgar Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13797 of 753876
Subject: Re: Found you in the Nick of Time! Date: 7/26/2000 12:08 PM
Why sell a good stock to pay capital gains rather than take out a HE Loan for which you can deduct the interest and this is the cheapest money you can get?
Trying to get to retirement myself but with my own monies as I am self employed.

Sim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement