Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I couldn't find anything in tmf investment tax guide about how to handle cash-in-lieu credited to account following a split. Is it just considered reimbursement, not really sure how/where/if to record it on the tax forms!! Schedule D instructions refer to Publication 550, which hasn't been very helpful so far. The amount in question is trivial, & wont alter my tax bracket, etc., but it is recorded on form 1099 from the broker as CIL. I'd appreciate any help/insight or info referrals ----thanks, apacherose
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.