Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Frankly yes, I am (disagreeing with the article). I've worked for Xerox for 20 years and during that time we used technology (much of it proprietary) to communicate between branches and countries long before email became a standard tool. I presently work in international operations and can send email to almost anyone doing the same (much harder to hook up on the road) and get a reply within 24hrs.

Now...onto the Tektronix discussion. I believe that Xerox is doing the right thing by not actively trying to change the Tektronix culture. They have a good organization and properly coupled with some of the work being done in PARC we can expect some good products to emerge. I've yet to see Xerox trying to assimilate the Tektronix organization (although I won't say that we haven't done that in the past). Rather, I see a "hands off" approach that I welcome, in this case. In conclusion, I think Xerox can, as you mentioned, support multiple cultures. The largest issue we are dealing with right now is the reorganization and many of the lasting effects of those actions.

I don't know what (if any) other "surprises" may lie ahead, but despite the dreary present I do believe that the proper leadership can quickly harnass the many good things occurring at Xerox and increase the value to the customers, stockholders and employees.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement