UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: shortcd Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308454  
Subject: Re: in debt and over limit - help! Date: 7/16/2001 3:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Frecs,

First of all, very little of the total credit card balances are from his business (1000 at the most), and the reason he used "someone elses card" (mine) is because we are getting married, and my money his his money, and vv. We both have to deal with the debt, and we both have to work to pay it off. I am helping him because it is not only investing in him, but in my future as well. This business is his dream, he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and skilled in what he does, and the business has the potential to make us alot of money once it gets out of debt. The average business is running for 3 years before it may see a profit. He has only been on the books for 1.5 years, so we are not out of the ordinary. I have read about people that have charged over $75,000 on credit cards to fund a business before they gave up and declard bankruptcy. We are much too intelligent to get in that deep of a hole, and frankly, we are not even close.

I wrote on this board for a little support and advice about creditors, and all (well, not all, but alot) I seem to be getting is fiancee/male bashing. You seem to think that I am stupid and getting taken advantage of, when really we are only trying to work together as partners to fulfill our dreams and have a successful financial future. We both have full knowledge of our situation and how each are affecting the other. Why is he any worse for trying to start a business and working hard to stay afloat for a couple years that I am for wasting my time at a measly-paying job and racking up student loans to $20,000? (do you really think I'm learning anything at thsi job when I have time to post to this board all day?) He is currently just as frustrated with my for staying in school as I am at him for tyring to run this business. The way I see it, we are both taking some risks now in order to hopefully have a successful future. Maybe we should just both quit trying at our dreams and get factory jobs. That way there would be a steady income and we would be robots making someone else money for the rest of our lives. At least we'd have no debt that way!

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement