UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947471  
Subject: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 10:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/09/18/wsjnbc-poll-obamas-...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821714 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 10:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Don't you think the subject title "Free fall" is just a smidge exaggerated?

AM

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821715 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 10:15 AM
Recommendations: 0
http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/

Doesn't look like a free fall to me.

AM

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821718 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 10:18 AM
Hey politics stops at the water0's edge so Romney better cut it out

Oh by the way, did you hear that I killed Bin Laden

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821727 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 10:57 AM
Angel, no. I don't believe this is an exaggeration. A 4 point swing in three days is a political free fall, and that is what happened.

Your candidate blew it Wednesday, just like he has blown it for the last four years. And he did it in front of somewhere around 60-70 million people who watched because they intend to vote and they wanted to know more about the candidates.

What they learned about Romney is positive. What they saw of obama is negative.

If this trend continues - and I do not see why it will not - Romney may win by 10 percentage points or more. After all, all Romney has to do is continue to tell the truth about obama's record. And Mr. Obama does not have a record he can defend IN FRONT OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC!!! What he has done to America borders on criminal. He has stolen - more than any other human being on earth - the future of every child born in America in the last seventy years and for the next seventy.

That is indefensible.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821732 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 11:09 AM
He has stolen - more than any other human being on earth - the future of every child born in America in the last seventy years and for the next seventy.

That's quite a feat. I, frankly, didn't know he had that kind of get-up-and-go. Exactly how did he go about doing this?

And what do you think of Romney's ruination of thousands of families via Bain takeovers and dismantling (while they bled them dry) of the companies? What of the children of those parents? Their money is now in Romney's pockets. How do you feel about that? Does that not seem just a wee bit heartless to you?

And why do you keep calling Obama my candidate? How do you know he's my candidate? All I said was that Romney was not.

I've already voted in my state because we are leaving the area and our ballots were not going to be mailed until after we go. So we went to the courthouse and requested early ballots.

At this point, I'm finished. There is nothing I can do about the outcome of this election. Likewise, there is nothing you can do about it either - other than casting your vote. So why all the noise and pot-banging for Romney from you? Are you some kind of 14-year-old cheerleader or something?

Please. Act like an adult. Own up to the fact that Romney is terribly flawed as a human being. No one who reads should be able to deny that.

Likewise, Obama is not perfect.
Still, I can't see how he has stolen the future of our children and would be interested to know how he pulled that off.

AM

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821737 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 11:18 AM
It came at an inopportune time for sure.

But contrary to many reports, it's not Obama's foreign policy that's to blame here, or at least in the spotlight. What makes people wonder, is why they went through so many stories that nobody believed, until it was apparent they were Stories, not the truth?

Like many things, Obama has doubled-down on Bush by trying to mimic some of his own disastrous decisions. People are just now noticing that this isn't the wonderful, charming, eloquent speaker that told them things would be different, more transparent, more truthiness and all that.

Obama is just another newbie politician trying to keep his job. I say Newbie, because after four years, he's still playing like a rookie.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821739 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 11:20 AM
Sweet, let's put it to music.

Crank it up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i18nSZBgOfs

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821778 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 1:05 PM
I have stated this before. Obama stated himself, that Bush's increase in the national debt was: "Irresponsible and unpatriotic" and "amounts to taking out a credit card and charging it against our children's future".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U

Now combine that, dear AngelMay, with the facts of the increase in debt under obama, and, using obama's own words, I contend that he - obama - has condemned himself with his own words.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57400369-503544/natio...
(old information - even more debt now)

The last day of Bush's presidency, the national debt was $10.626 trillion. Take a look at it now. Over 16 trillion dollars and climbing more rapidly than ever in the history of the United States.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

'But, but, Bush increased the debt by 89% and Obama has only increased it by about 45%' the liberals sputter.

It isn't the percentage. It isn't about the percentage. Debt under Bush was $10.626 Trillion dollars, added in 8 years and up from @ 5.7 Trillion dollars, so an added amount of $4.899 trillion - again in 8 years.

Obama has eclipsed that dubious accomplishment by increasing the debt more than 5.5 TRILLION dollars in 3 years and change.

You want to know how he has stolen the futures of children living and yet to be born? Listen to his own words castigating Bush (while running against McCain...) Look at the results of his extravagance. Use your god-given brain.

It isn't too difficult to understand this if you simply look.

As for my so-called cheerleading... I will cheer for any person who gives a damn about my America. And I will hammer anyone who injures my America and ALL its children - young and old - as long as there is breath in me.

My country means more to me than a political ideology. If the democrats act like idiots, don't expect me to excuse them. If the republicans act like idiots, don't expect me to excuse them either. I never agreed with Bush's spending. I agree with Obamas spending even less because it is more than Bush's. That is simple fact.

I understand Bush better than Obama. Bush was President when America was attacked and HAD to respond. Obama has faced no such challenges, yet has spent like a drunken idiot. I do not understand this and I do not condone it.

So, If you wish to call this attitude that of a `14-year-old', go right on ahead.

I count it as believing in fiscal responsibility. Something that (regretfully) seems totally foreign to Mr. Obama and many here on this board.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821785 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 1:15 PM
If Intrade had a vote, it might be significant. As it is, it is dependent on who is participating. Therefore, Intrade is of little significance to me.

November 7th will be of significance.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821799 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 1:48 PM
Doesn't look like a free fall to me.

He was talking about the unemployment rate.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821817 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 2:49 PM
FMNH -

no - I was talking about the 11% effective drop in Obama's handling of foreign policy.

I find it interesting that the theme of the next debate is... foreign policy.

At the same time that Obama is reeling from being battered over economic issues and calling out the dogs, advertising more than any other person in the history of mankind to try to control the damage from the last debate, his foreign policy figures are sinking like a stone and a debate on (gasp) foreign policy is looming in his near future.

It does not look good for the occupant of the House of the People.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821821 of 1947471
Subject: Re: Free fall Date: 10/6/2012 2:58 PM

As for my so-called cheerleading... I will cheer for any person who gives a damn about my America. And I will hammer anyone who injures my America and ALL its children - young and old - as long as there is breath in me.

My country means more to me than a political ideology. If the democrats act like idiots, don't expect me to excuse them. If the republicans act like idiots, don't expect me to excuse them either.

I would remind you that there are over 312 million people in this country. It is their America, too. Or do you own it outright?

I'm thinking it's been my America for a lot longer than it has been yours. I wasn't born yesterday, you know. ;o)

AM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement