Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Free money eh ?

As a PEP shareholder I thought I'd check the OAT board to see what their shareholders think of the possible deal. Well, nothing's wrong with your picture. Except that "free money" kind of implies cash & the PEP negotiations were for a stock deal.

Fairly significant difference, especially at this stage of the game. If a deal is struck (and $103 is a "lock") what will the PEP price basis be for the share exchange ratio ? Will there be any guarantee for OAT shareholders as to price of PEP ? The market has already closed the arbitrage gap quite a bit since Thursday.

If PEP overpays for OAT the market will adjust the price of PEP stock accordingly. Worse for me but unless OAT gets protection, eventually bad for you too.

I'd like to see the deal done (at a resonable price) and I'm glad that PEP management is actively searching for ways to grow. Here's hoping that we both come out ahead.

Sometimes the light's a shining on me - other times you can barely see... da DooDa Man
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement