Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RBUDMITCH Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 274  
Subject: FRERZ PFD Date: 9/18/2008 11:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
After Government take over they announced suspension of dividends on common and preferred stocks, does this mean that the preferred dividends will not be accumulated until the suspension is lifted or will not be paid at all? I've always been under the impression that preferred stocks were like a loan at an agreed percentage rate and maturity date, and that it would be honored unless the company went bancrupt. Can anyone give me an answer?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259 of 274
Subject: Re: FRERZ PFD Date: 9/22/2008 12:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I looked at each of the Freddie preferred they look like most people have capitulated in each of them. My understanding is the preferred will get repaid first once the government releaseas the converatorship. But this is an educated guess. I bougght a few more of FRE at .40 with the cash I had. I possibly will buy more this week as a long term hold. I don't really think the gov wants this to go bust.

Author: dulaney Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260 of 274
Subject: Re: FRERZ PFD Date: 9/24/2008 8:42 PM
Recommendations: 1
Now we are touching $2. I still think we hold and many people will be accumilating after $2 in the morning. Shorts have to cover and how high can it go?

Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 261 of 274
Subject: Re: FRERZ PFD Date: 9/25/2008 12:05 AM
I bought 14 at .40 with the cash I had and put me at 29 shares. I hope this keeps going higher.

Maybe someday I can recover my investment.

Author: BillyRayValntine Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 262 of 274
Subject: Re: FRERZ PFD Date: 9/25/2008 6:51 PM
Billy Ray would like to know what happened at 2pm today to make my beloved (cheap) Freddie Mac hit the floor? It bounced back, but not near what it was. Was there some news flash I missed or was just random histeria? Any thoughts?

Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 263 of 274
Subject: Re: FRERZ PFD Date: 9/28/2008 12:53 AM
I saw the samething. I haven't decided what I want to do on Monday as I haven't seen any news on completion of the bailout.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement