Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Today Has Been My Lucky Day

This morning I found my screwdriver that I lost five years ago. This afternoon I located my gold ball point pen I lost last spring. Tonight I uncovered a $1,000 cheque I misplaced last month.

I Can't Wait For Tomorrow

I still have a television remote I lost last year to find. (Those remotes always getting themselves lost.)

Then there is the show I taped last week. (Must try to remember to put a label on that tape when I find it.)

And my pants. (Don't ask!)

NooNoo
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Today Has Been My Lucky Day

This morning I found my screwdriver that I lost five years ago. This afternoon I located my gold ball point pen I lost last spring. Tonight I uncovered a $1,000 cheque I misplaced last month.

I Can't Wait For Tomorrow

NooNoo

And I thought I was the only one believing that Friday the Thirteenth is a very lucky day. I had, as have all past Friday the Thirteenth's, a very lucky day.

I woke up this morning in the same bed and with the same woman I went to bed with last night. There have been times, folks…

Early this morning our lives were saved as our gas furnace failed to explode. We owe our lives to modern engineering, I say.

Cart didn't puke on my keyboard – this is the seventh day in a row and I feel as if I am now living a charmed life.

I do not have a fear of anything 13nth. I married my first and second wives on the thirteenth and I am still alive. Chewed up a bit but still breathing.

By the piece de résistance of today was that, due to it being a lucky day and I spread that luck around, today no fish lost their lives to my efforts. None. All the fish that were there are still there (but for those taken by unlucky fisher people who, spreading their bad luck, caught them).

I hope everyone had a good Friday the Thirteenth. Right now I'm off to supper. Elly found this hamburger she thought she'd lost six years ago (it was deep in the back of the freezer) and she's whomping up a nice dish of that plus some oysters she'd thought lost back in 1987 (even deeper in the back of the freezer).

MichaelR

No. of Recommendations: 1
Elly found this hamburger she thought she'd lost six years ago (it was deep in the back of the freezer) and she's whomping up a nice dish of that plus some oysters she'd thought lost back in 1987 (even deeper in the back of the freezer).

Michael,

Me thinks your luck just ran out.

Err... Michael! you still there. Hello!

:o)

Good health to ya matey, ya gonna need it:o)

KËZ(thinks friday 13th is lucky too0
No. of Recommendations: 0
I hope everyone had a good Friday the Thirteenth.

Depends on who's point of view you see this from. My daughter's friend's murderer was arrested and charged yesterday on Friday the 13th.

Good luck for justice. Bad luck for the mom, since she's the one being charged.

It's been a very taxing six weeks since the murder.

I'll be going to the trial if it's open to the public. Some of the victim's friends are all creeped out that they hugged a murderer, at the victim's funeral. How ironic and unpallatable. Someone you love is killed, and protocal dictates you hug the murderer unaware.

But hopefully this is the first turn down the long road of healing and resolution.

My mother use to predict she would die on a Friday the 13th.

She did. She died on Friday, May 13th. Which means that some years it's Mother's Day. And it's always the day before my birthday.

I don't believe in hocus pocus bad luck, since that stuff is anti-Christian belief. But I do believe that for some confounded reason, coincidences often take place on very symbolic dates/numbers.

I place it right up there with the unexplained phenomenon that I catch 95% of all traffic lights, RED! There's one by my house. Blasted thing is red for 45 seconds, and green for only 15 seconds, in the direction that I most often approach it. I ALWAYS have to stop at it, but that makes sense since it is almost always RED. But about 90% of the time when I approach it from the other way, it's red that way too!

I can go across town or to the next town or whatever, and if I pass through 15 stoplights I'll catch about 12 of them red. Sometimes, it makes since because they have so many blasted four-way lights. It's only green at any one light for 25% of the time. But as demonstrated, in my case, that doesn't matter as I'd catch it red no matter what.

Another thing that always happens is that I will approach a cross road, and there won't be any cars in sight either direction, except for the lousy one car that's chug-a-lugging along and making me wait for him to pass. Either that, or my approach is scientifically timed such that the entire population of Grand Rapids is coming up on my left. No cars whatsoever before I get to the highway, but about 139 cars to wait for the exact second that I get there.

I use to get so frustrated that I would just roll my window down and start yelling one word as loud as I can: TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK!

Well, okay, the word wasn't truck. Take the "TR" off of that and replace it with "F" and you get the point.

Paul T.
I don't believe in hocus pocus bad luck, since that stuff is anti-Christian belief. But I do believe that for some confounded reason, coincidences often take place on very symbolic dates/numbers.

The biggest date coincidence (maybe coincidence) I have observed was the World Trade Centre tragedy.
9/11.....and the US emergency number being 911.

Could it be that they were that 'smart arsey' to think of that also?

Oz's emergency number is 000. Does that mean we are safe? I don't think so!

KËZ
Firday the 13th's have always been decent days for me. I always beat the rush. For me Thursday the 12th have always been the bad days. Don't know why. Then again, I always have been a magnet for the weird stuff....

KY Hawkeye (who is teaching his first pharmacy school student this week...sorry to disappoint, but it's NOT a co-ed...they are all recovering from the International compounding meet. I'll post the results with the next BHD board meeting...)
Advertisement