Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I know, and I think it was SWR was looking for a recipe for FGT, durned if I can remember the board if I"m not sure of the requester. However this is a good board to share with, you can't imagine the agony I went through on this with my beloved recipe board. (That's not sarcasm, I LOVE the recipe board).

The Agongy and the Ecstasy

There are 2 ways of making FGT and you can try them both, with no extra work in the same session w/ no extra work:

Proportional adjust for the # of tomatos

tomatos sliced 1/4 - 3/8 thick
1 portion flour
1 portion cornmeal (stoneground yellow by my choice. . . . )
(season both, I use salt and coarse ground black pepper)
eggs and milk scrambled together equal proportions like 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk, think french toast)

Method one:

dredge slices in flour, then egg/milk, then in cornmeal and fry.

Method two:

Decide method one is too much work and dump flour, cornmeal, egg/milk together to make a thick batter, dip to coat and fry.

Lazy Ravy prefers method two.

Rav
Red eye gravy anyone? ;) Anyone have a good directions (ummmm, maybe that's another distinction between here and the recipe board, we want directions on something rather than recipes) for beaten biscuits, that doesn't involve a machine?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement